Sam's Camp Minnie Rally

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yep that's true the lady that was Governor a while back did just that.  But her plan was shot down when the ranchers using the round bales pointed out that therir cattle were getting a well rounded diet.

It's a well kept secret, and that's probably a good thing :D

Ron said:
This afternoon we Will be going out to inspect hay bales getting a little Montana culture.? What=the-Hay. Will post some photos of the hay bales too.

Then will the rest of us understand??

Ron said:
Probably the Reiters and Darrigos are the only ones here that know why we are inspecting the hay bales.  Brinks will fully understand later today. ;D

Ron

We inspected the bales in 2002.

Ron & I just got back from fishing at Ackley Lake - kept three nice rainbow trout and released the smaller ones.. Sam & Nancy spent the a.m. at Sam's quilting club and had a great time too.  Nancy says we have to circle around and come back here every Thursday so she can atend quilt club meetings.  Gonna be tough to get to the East Coast and back here by next Thursday...  ;)

Now we are off see  some Montana Culture, aka Montana Yard Art.  Pictures later today.

BernieD said:
Ron

We inspected the bales in 2002.

Thats right Bernie.  You guys are aware of the hay bale inspection too.

We did the hay bale inspection this afternoon and had a good time.  I believe Gary provide a full report on todays  hay bale inspection to Gary along with some photos of the event.

We also went out this evening to check out the local deer population.

Ron said:
We also went out this evening to check out the local deer population.

I was checking our photos of our last trip to Sam's Camp and had nothing on the hay bales, but pictures of a lot of the 200+ deer we saw

The day was quickly turning cold and dreary as  a front moved in, but we dutifully went off on our Montana Cultural Tour, starting in beautiful downtown Hobson, MT, and continuing for maybe 30 miles through the countryside.  Creative hay baling was the day's theme and we inspected more than 50 sites.  These folks get a bit whacky after the long summer and kind of let loose after the last crops are in and all the hay baled for the winter.    We got right into the swing of things and pretty soon the "hay" puns were flying among the four of us as we drove along, watching the fields for the next piece of h'art.  What the hay - ya gotta do something for fun!  ;)

I've included several of the more creative ones below, but there were many really fine examples of the local art.

Attachments

• Bum-bale Bee (Small).JPG
    Bum-bale Bee (Small).JPG
    68.6 KB · Views: 36
  • Chester Chaytah (Small).JPG
    Chester Chaytah (Small).JPG
    64.6 KB · Views: 35
  • Choc-hay-lot(Small).JPG
    Choc-hay-lot(Small).JPG
    49 KB · Views: 34
  • Hay Wired(Small).JPG
    Hay Wired(Small).JPG
    77.1 KB · Views: 34
  • Hay-stork (Small).JPG
    Hay-stork (Small).JPG
    51.6 KB · Views: 34
  • Pirhaytes(Small).JPG
    Pirhaytes(Small).JPG
    59.4 KB · Views: 33
  • R-hay-ging bulls (Small).JPG
    R-hay-ging bulls (Small).JPG
    72.8 KB · Views: 33
  • Tab-hay cat (Small).JPG
    Tab-hay cat (Small).JPG
    79.8 KB · Views: 35
  • Ton-hay Llama Boots (Small).JPG
    Ton-hay Llama Boots (Small).JPG
    38.3 KB · Views: 35
Makes you wonder about those Montanans, doesn't it? :)

While on the Haybale inspection three sandhill cranes were walking across the field.

Then in the evening we went out to look at hundred plus deer.

Attachments

• Sandhill cranes (Medium).jpg
    Sandhill cranes (Medium).jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 33
And to think many of the Montanaians stay her at PEM for the winter. Wonder what they'll do with the rocks out here?

Shayne said:
And to think many of the Montanaians stay her at PEM for the winter. Wonder what they'll do with the rocks out here?

I would have thought this was something the poor Montanans would do in the middle of winter when they've been inside too long.

wendycoke said:
I would have thought this was something the poor Montanans would do in the middle of winter when they've been inside too long.

Wendy:

I was wondering WHAT they do do in February. ;D

Brrr. Makes me feel cold just looking at that stuff Ron.

Looks as if the Eagle has landed amongst a bunch of ash dust from an eruption of a volcano.

Ron said:
September is just too early for that white stuff. Especially while we are here.

Ron,
When do you plan to head south?  We are still in Oregon and will head toward Idaho the  first part of the week.  Will have a week there  to wash rig, pack-up some stuff for the new house and hope we don't get snow. It would match our weather luck this year! 
Did  your kitchen get finished?

Betty

We plan to head South around the 1st of Nov.  Kitchen modes are going well.  The guy that installs the counters will be here Monday to make final measurements and should finish install within two weeks.  Floors have first coat of finish and should be done within a week.  Stop by if you get a chance.

We left Ron & Sams today, with the snow still flying all around us. Roads were OK but we ran into strong cross winds in the Judith Gap (rt 191) and it caused our awning to unfurl. Stripped the  pawl on the roller lock and pulled the fabric off the roller and up over the top. Took out the fridge vent too. Had a devil of a time getting it wrapped back up in 40+ mph winds - had to drive to the shelter of a hillside before we could do anything at all. We must have been a sight with several feet of material flapping across the roof as we went down the road a mile or so. It was 37 degrees and raining too - got soaked and frozen wrestling with the thing.  But eventually we got in back on the roller tube and sort of tied down and managed to get on our way at reduced speed.  Tonight we are at Yellowstone's Edge CG and will work on it more tomorrow, when it warms up a bit (mid-50's, they promise)

Back
Top Bottom