Arizona with the Stocks in Feb.-March, 2013

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Pierat said:
Lots of good ideas there. In Tucson, we stay at Desert Trails RV Park, west of the Tucson Mountains, north of Ajo Highway.

Hi Pierat and all,

Ever stay at the Diamond Jim's next door to the desert trails?? We looked at both RV campgrounds and desided on the Diamond J's would be the place to stay as I can set up a scope of astronomy near the campsite. Best!

[quote author=Dean & Linda Stock]I tried something new and responded within your message.[/quote]

Linda, just an FYI - replies within a quote are a little less legible, because the font size is automatically reduced and the background color is automatically changed, reducing the contrast. One way to overcome this is to do something like this:

Arizona built its first permanent capitol in 1901, when it was just a territory.  Arizona is the 48th state, admitted in 1812.  The capitol is made of stone, and it has lots of windows (imagine Phoenix in the summer!)  (Picture 1) It has a copper dome because Arizona produced lots of copper.

<------------- Reply here ------------->

Winged Victory perches atop and is also a wind vane which moves around and faces the wind.  I wish we had seen it 2 days ago with the 16 mph winds.  Today was calm.  The cost was $135,000, ($4-5 per square foot).  When they built the new Senate and House, it cost $200 per sq. ft.9

When they built the new capitol, they and made the original into The Arizona Capitol Museum.  It sits between the current Senate and House, with the Governor's Office in a building at the rear.  The governor functioned out of the old capitol until 1975.

You just need to ensure that each block of quoted text has the quote tags around it. The easiest way to do that is to highlight the block of text, then click the Insert quote icon (middle of the row, immediately above the smileys). With the text highlighted, you can also apply any of the other attributes, such as bold, italics, underline, font color, etc from the two rows of icons.

Hope that helps.

Linda, lets plan to get together.  We'll be there until March 16th and will be staying at Emerald Desert RV Resort.  I'll email you with my cell phone number.

Marsha~

In reply to camperAL: Yes, we stayed at Diamond J RV Park (Justin's) about three years ago, before we had been to Desert Trails (it was full when we called). We did not care for the service, attitude or physical facilities. For example, when I went to plug in the 50 amp cable, I found there was no faceplate on that part of the pedestal -- just a socket and wires. I had all sorts of difficulty getting the lady in charge to give us another spot (I believe she's Justin's wife).

FYI, Justin used to own Desert Trails, then sold it to Pericles Wyatt, an Englishman. Justin then spent years building Diamond J, according to his explanation at a meeting, against great difficulty with various regulations. Ever since, we've wintered at Desert Trails, where Pericles is an excellent host and park operator -- I can't say enough good things. (BTW, if you're interested, try putting his name into Wikipedia. Unusual stories there.)

Linda - Glad it helped. BTW, we made our reservations at Catalina State Park about three weeks ahead of time, for a 50-amp spot, eight days. There seem to be a couple of empty spots tonight -- maybe keep trying if you still are interested.

Feb. 26 Day 5 Phoenix, AZ

Today we visited the Heard Museum, which I believe is the premier museum of  Southwest Indians in the United States.  It is truly amazing, and I would rate it as a "Don't Miss."  Their exhibits in almost every area cover a wide expanse of time, often from the first century to present.

I used to teach about Southwest Indians, and I did quite a lot of research so I would be knowledgeable.  I also visited every museum I could find, an Indian boarding school in Colorado, and two reservations.  I've attended many powwows and performances.  But.....I am sure my visit to the Heard doubled my knowledge. 

They had exhibits of cultural objects, traditions, foods, Barry Goldwater's amazing katsina dolls, baskets, pottery, and art. There was a display of the history of the foods we got from the Southwestern Native Americans, especially chocolate, cochineal, and chilis.  They had a separate area for each of 21 tribal groups and its culture.  They had showcases about how Native cultures experienced warfare, the migration of the pioneers and how much they helped them stay alive, their forced relocation, and how their language and traditions were virtually erased. 

The powerful and moving exhibit, "Remembering Our Indian School Days: The Boarding School Experience" showed the emotions parents and students felt as their children were removed from their homes, their hair cut, and how they were stripped of their culture and language.  However, they showed both sides of the coin, and how as conditions improved over time, many of the Indian-school alumni were sad to see the schools closed.  However, a few do remain open, and there is fierce competition to get admitted to them.  Some parents had such positive experiences that they want their children to attend the same school.

I learned a lot about the Navajo code talkers and that while the Japanese couldn't understand their language, they were not able to function in Europe because they could understand.  I learned that other tribes did code talking in Europe, but we never hear about them.

We saw beautiful rugs that told stories. (Pictures 1,2,3)  These were all made within the last 20 years.  They were gorgeous, if not traditional.

We ate lunch at their wonderful restaurant--another "Don't Miss."  I had delicious chicken hard tacos and a delightful salad accompanied it.  Everything that passed by looked S-O-O-O good, and everyone was saying, "M-m-m-good."

We got there early, and we left when they closed--it was that great!  There aren't many pictures because everything is beautifully displayed in cases and the cases reflected light.  The explanation signs very interesting, and they used audio programs, too.

We are having a great time in Phoenix.

Staying at Phoenix Metro RV Park, $33/night, has everything, wonderful, we'd highly recommend it.

Attachments

• IMG_9675.jpg
    IMG_9675.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_9677.jpg
    IMG_9677.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_9680.jpg
    IMG_9680.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 10
Feb 27 Day 6 Phoenix, AZ

The Phoenix Museum of Art is in a gorgeous building.  As we entered, they confiscated our water bottles to be returned at the end of our visit.

After we paid the senior admission of $15 each, we saw 30,000 black moths, an exhibit titled "Black Cloud."  There were 30 different varieties with 4 different sizes of each and 3 different texture of paper, each individually crafted.  39 installers (of which 34 were volunteers) used over 47 pounds of putty to attach the moths to the walls and ceiling.  It took 11 days and over 553 hours to install them all.  While I realized it was a major project, it was kind of weird and not attractive to me.  As I looked around the first gallery, I saw this immense burned wood mobile (Picture 2), also very labor-intensive, and not appealing to me.  I thought, "This is going to be a quick trip.  What else can we do today?"

As we stepped off the elevator onto the 2nd floor, a door to my mind opened, too.  On the wall was a digital projection, a form of art new to me.  There was a windblown tree in constant motion as it changed with the seasons.  It was 3-D, and it created the illusion of depth on a flat wall. (Pictures 3 & 4)  Very interesting--almost hypnotizing!

Another really interesting display was this glass and mirrored-glass table with hand-blown mirrored glass objects. (Picture 5)  There were many fine paintings, but they had the "no photo" sign.  I began looking forward to the next artworks.

We ate lunch at the Palette Restaurant in the museum.  We heard from employees about the wonderful  suggestion of their Reuben sandwich and the macaroni and choose with truffles.  I would never have ordered the mac without their raves, and both lived up to their billing.  Mine came with a great sweet potato salad.  I quizzed the waiter about the ingredients, and he provided me with a great recipe card.  I enjoyed it so much that I'll serve it at our family's Easter gathering.  I loved the mango iced tea, too.  It was a bit expensive, but that's always true at an art museum. 

I liked this acrylic depicting the celebration of Lent in Mexico when the rural areas reenact the stages of the Passion of Christ.  Picture 6, "Our Lord, the One Who is Flayed," combines images of Christ and the Mexican deity Xipe Totec, the god of renewal and greenery.  I can see lots of Catholic symbols, as well as the native religious traditions.

I am not knowledgeable about art, but the only artist I recognized was Gilbert Stuart, who painted this oil of George Washington in 1796.  This picture is used on the face of the one dollar bill.  Can you believe that he only charged $100 for a painting?  He made 110 paintings of Washington, based on 3 sittings.

In the last gallery, where I spent over 2 hours, we weren't allowed to take any pictures--not even of the explanatory sign, so I took notes.  All of the works were lent by Gary & Leslie Jones.  He had been in the marines in Northern China, and he took his discharge from the service in China, where he and his wife lived until the Communists took over in the 1960's.  After Mao's cultural revolution, much art and many historical artifacts were destroyed because they represented the Imperial Rule.  Mao wanted to purge old customs, habits, and ideas.  Art was allowed, but it was to depict workers in society, soldiers, peasants, children, the elderly, and marginalized ethnic groups.

After Mao's death in 1976. governmental policies changed.  Mr. Jones was asked to lecture in China  and started making yearly trips, then moved there permanently in the 80's.  Most artists worked in dark, small  basements.  A visitor needed "guanxi", an introduction to the artist.  After much talk, the artist would bring out a few paintings, then more and more, each a step up in quality.  After much convincing, sometimes he would be allowed to purchase one or two pieces, though the artists really didn't charge much or want to sell them.  Just having their art appreciated was enough payment.

The motivation of an incredible painting called "Crying in Silence" was the Japanese invasion of China in 1937.  The Japanese followed the Yangtze River up to Nanking, a big city, where they overwhelmed the Chinese soldiers, who fled further up the Yangtze.  The Japanese then killed 300,000 men, women, and children who lived in Nanking.  This event was only revealed when the war crimes trial took place in 1946.  In the emotionally-charged painting, a nude  woman's body composed of skulls was kneeling with her head bowed, on a field of skulls to commemorate the slaughter at Nanking.

From 1949 to 1988, no art was exhibited in China.  In the first art exhibit after the Cultural Revolution, Jiang Gufang displayed nude women.  One lady objected, came in and made a scene, and shot 2 shots into the ceiling, closing the exhibition.

In the 1980's, when the Jones went to China to live, there were no Chinese art galleries.  Much of the art was in People's Liberation Army compounds and was forbidden to be seen by foreigners.  Most artists had other jobs and weren't trying to sell their art or make money from it.  They just did art for personal pleasure and to try to improve their skills.  At the Central Art Academy, there was standing room only when they used nude models--because it was the only room that was heated.

In May and June of 1989, Meng Luding and his students rushed to make a sculpture of Goddess  of Freedom and Light to be displayed in Tiananmen Square.  A photo of their sculpture was sent around the world.

One of the artists, Cheng Yuan, was motivated by his father, who was an art professor and committed suicide because of abuse by the Red Guard.  He was separated from his mother and sister when he was sent to a hog farm to work for 10 years.  When he was released at age 24, his mother tutored him and he got into the university.  He is now a professor of art.  He worked in a small studio at first with one small-wattage bulb.  However, Cheng Yuan made big paintings.  When he was told how beautiful his paintings were, he was so unused to praise that he was very perplexed.  He had a wonderful painting in this gallery.

The mother of one of the artists tried to down him in the kitchen sink because the family just couldn't feed another mouth.  His father saved him.  His art reflects many emotions.

I found the artists' personal stories as fascinating as their art.  China is now re-emerging as a cultural leader.  This exhibit was amazing.

Art galleries are Dean's least favorite venue, and 2-3 hours is  his limit; we spent almost 6 hours here.  When I asked Dean if he would recommend it, he responded, "Sure!"  That is equivalent to an A+.

We were so jazzed that we didn't want to quit having fun, so we went to Encanto Park.  Part 2 will be posted tomorrow.

Staying at Phoenix Metro RV Park, $33/night, has everything, wonderful, we'd highly recommend it

Attachments

• IMG_9705.jpg
    IMG_9705.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_9683.jpg
    IMG_9683.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_9686.jpg
    IMG_9686.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_9696.jpg
    IMG_9696.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_9701.jpg
    IMG_9701.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_9705.jpg
    IMG_9705.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_9707.jpg
    IMG_9707.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_9711.jpg
    IMG_9711.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 14
Feb. 27 (Part 2) Day 6 Phoenix

When we left the art museum, we drove over to Encanto Park, home of many skateboarders and waterfowl.  The skateboarders were pretty good, and two people were filming them. 

We saw lots of common waterfowl--Canadian geese and mallards.  I identified the Ring-necked Duck (Pictures 1 & 2).  And, I think the white/brown goose may be a Snow Goose or a Ross's Goose.  (Pictures 3 & 4). 

I waited an extra day to post this part of my log, hoping my far more knowledgeable birding friends might be able to identify, but now I have to show my ignorance of what Pictures 5, 6, and 7 are.  I got several different views of the white/beige duck, hoping it would be helpful.  I am also wondering what the irridescent green-headed black duck is in the rear of Picture 6.  Pictures 8 & 9 are also enigmas to me.  See, Wendy, I can't claim to be a "birder" until I can do better than 1.5 out of 6--that's only batting 250.

Staying at Phoenix Metro RV Park, $33/night, has everything, wonderful, we'd highly recommend it.

Attachments

• IMG_9728.jpg
    IMG_9728.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_9734.jpg
    IMG_9734.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_9742.jpg
    IMG_9742.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_9743.jpg
    IMG_9743.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_9717.jpg
    IMG_9717.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_9718.jpg
    IMG_9718.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_9719.jpg
    IMG_9719.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_9721.jpg
    IMG_9721.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_9725.jpg
    IMG_9725.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 8
Feb. 28 Day 7 Phoenix AZ

Yesterday, we learned from Betty Brewer that the Thunderbirds are not performing at the Yuma Air Show on March 9.  That was driving our schedule, so we have now decided to spend another day in Phoenix.  We called Jan at Phoenix Metro, and she was kind enough to let us extend another day.  Desert Trails RV Resort in Tucson allowed us to delay our arrival by one day with no penalty.  I appreciate both parks being so kind to us.

Today, we headed out to the Desert Botanical Garden.  It rated an "A" grade.  Every kind of organ pipe cactus, saguaro, cholla, aloe vera, barrel cactus, ocotillo, prickly pear, palo verde, and creosote is represented in the garden.  Signage was excellent.

I couldn't believe that we saw a golden barrel cactus blooming so early, before spring. (Picture 1)  As we went along the paths, birds chirped loudly everywhere.  We were surprised to see them atop cacti.  I think the larger one is a curve-billed thrasher.  (Picture 2 & 3)  Don't they get stuck by the needles?

Usually prickly pear grow horizontally, and this was the tallest prickly pear we've ever seen.  (Picture 4)  And, they had PURPLE prickly pear. (Picture 5)  This boojum tree has to be the weirdest tree we've seen.  (Picture 6)

Getting good pictures was really difficult because of shadows.  This roadrunner entertained us at lunch at the garden's Patio Cafe. (Picture 7)  I had a delicious, fresh salad with sweet strawberries, jicama, and chicken.  I had the prickly pear iced tea, which was very mild.  The ground squirrels joined the roadrunner and us for lunch, and one inspected my pedicure. (Picture 8 and 9)  Several Gambel's quail joined the party.  The male's coloring is striking. (Pictures 10 & 11)  As we left, we saw one more new plant, the mammillaria (Picture 12).  I didn't have any idea how many varieties of desert plants there are.  We enjoyed our day, and would recommend this as a "Must See."  2 senior admissions were $30.

We met friends who live in Gilbert at the Macayo Depot Cantina for dinner.  My lobster and shrimp chimi was extraordinary, and everyone else raved about their food. Portions were generous, and I brought home half my dinner.  Our friends had orange margueritas, which they did not like.  We ordered the cheese crisps and guacamole.  The crispness of the tortillas was new to us and very good.  The cheese was too mild for Dean and me.

Attachments

• IMG_9749.jpg
    IMG_9749.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_9753.jpg
    IMG_9753.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_9801.jpg
    IMG_9801.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_9791.jpg
    IMG_9791.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_9800.jpg
    IMG_9800.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_9795.jpg
    IMG_9795.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_9806.jpg
    IMG_9806.jpg
    117.9 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_9826.jpg
    IMG_9826.jpg
    104.7 KB · Views: 14
More pictures...

Attachments

• IMG_9843.jpg
    IMG_9843.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_9832.jpg
    IMG_9832.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_9863.jpg
    IMG_9863.jpg
    104.5 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_9867.jpg
    IMG_9867.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_9868.jpg
    IMG_9868.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 13
Tom said:
[/center]You just need to ensure that each block of quoted text has the quote tags around it. The easiest way to do that is to highlight the block of text, then click the Insert quote icon (middle of the row, immediately above the smileys). With the text highlighted, you can also apply any of the other attributes, such as bold, italics, underline, font color, etc from the two rows of icons.

Hope that helps.

Thanks so much, Tom!  I really appreciate the time you spend helping us and keeping up this website.  Linda

March 1, 2013 Day 8 Phoenix, AZ

Today we drove The Apache Trail, which originally was a path used by the Apaches.  Our first stop was in Apache Junction at the Superstition Mountain Museum.  For a small town museum, it rates an "A".  They told the history of the region back to the time of Creation--how the area was geologically formed.  The museum reflects massive input from a wide variety of people and many volunteer hours.  The people were so considerate and sought to share their knowledge with us.  Learning about the ways they've researched to get information about the Lost Dutchman Mine.  They have even compared the chemical composition of the gold from the mine against that of other mines in the region to prove its very existence.  These stone maps were perhaps drawn to show where a mine was located.  (Picture 1) The museum has a nice gift shop.

Then we went to Boot Hill. (Picture 2)  We read the tombstones and laughed as the birds chirped in the trees. 
This property had been known as Apacheland, and many films were made there.  They have gallows, a real old town barbershop, jail, and Wells Fargo office with old-time furnishings.  The church celebrates the western movie that Elvis made there with Charro. (It must have been early in his career.)  We visited the barn, which has photos of the movie stars and bootprints, the buggy used by the doctor in "Gunsmoke" and other carriages, a corn cob stripper, and a gift shop.

Admission was $4 each and well worth it.  We spent an hour there, and it was a nice break after riding for over an hour.  We drove a 24-mile dirt road to Roosevelt Dam, and it seemed like 240 miles.  They had snow last week, and the road was pocked with holes and ruts.  The scenery was nice, but not at the bumps and bruises price.  We especially enjoyed the area by the Salt River and the contrast of seeing the saguaros so close to water.

We went into Globe and ate at the #1 restaurant recommended by Trip Advisor, Libby's El Rey Cafe.  It was truly a hole-in-the-wall, but was very clean.  The service was outstanding, only surpassed by the food.  I know it sounds weird, but they put melted butter over their corn chips.  It was SO good, and SO unhealthy.  If you ever go there, order a beef anything.  I eat very little beef, but theirs was so moist and full of flavor.  They don't use hamburger, only shredded beef.  Their salsas were amazing.  My tamale was delicious, as were my taco and enchilada.  Dean loved his beef enchilada.  They have Mexican Coca-Cola, which is made with sugar rather than high-fructose corn syrup.  I think the food was authentic Mexican.  I only wish they were located where I could eat there often.  Total price was $20, and that included over a 20%  tip.

We drove the paved SR60 home, and ran into rush-hour traffic, so we hopped off the freeway at the Arizona Casino.  It's a large, modern casino, and they don't allow cigar smoking or chewing tobacco.  We got water and cokes and played blackjack.  I made $150, and Dean made lots more than I did.  When we drove in, a lady came to her car that was parked in the closest space to the casino and gave us her space.  It was a lucky day all around.  We left about an hour later, very happy.

Attachments

• IMG_9869.jpg
    IMG_9869.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_9870.jpg
    IMG_9870.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_9871.jpg
    IMG_9871.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 20
Hi Linda & Dean,
      Thank you so very much for taking time to log your adventures. Your reports are always awesome and I thoroughly enjoy them.  Have fun!
                                                                                      Happy Trails,
                                                                                                  Bonnie

The best place to learn about the history of the Hohokam Indians who first settled the Phoenix area and developed the canal system that irrigated their fields is at Pueblo Grande http://phoenix.gov/recreation/arts/museums/pueblo/index.html

Bonnie Lawrie said:
Hi Linda & Dean,
      Thank you so very much for taking time to log your adventures. Your reports are always awesome and I thoroughly enjoy them.  Have fun!
                                                                                      Happy Trails,
                                                                                                  Bonnie
Thanks, Bonnie!  I'm glad to have you along, and I hope we see lots of interesting things to report.  We are having a good time.

BernieD said:
The best place to learn about the history of the Hohokam Indians who first settled the Phoenix area and developed the canal system that irrigated their fields is at Pueblo Grande http://phoenix.gov/recreation/arts/museums/pueblo/index.html
Thanks.  I'll be looking this up.  I love learning, and these visits piqued my curiosity about how desert people lived with all the hardships.

March 2, 2013 Day 9 Tucson

We have found the sun!  We made an uneventful trip to Tucson, and easily found the RV park.  We hadn't eaten since breakfast, and it was now 4:00, so we had an early dinner.  We are only 12 minutes from a large casino called Casino del Sol.  TV isn't good on Sat. night, there weren't any good movies we wanted to see, so we went to the casino.  There were thousands and thousands of people there.  It's quite large, but there were NO parking places.  There must have been a couple of thousand cars and 300 motorhomes.  We figured that it must be a madhouse inside, so we left.
We'll be here a week, so we may get back over there.  If not, no loss. 

We want to come to next year's International Gem and Mineral Show, so we made reservations for a week in February, 2014.

Staying at Desert Trails RV Park, $192/wk., huge park, all amenities, fun activities

March 3, 2013 Day 10 Tucson

Today we went to Sabino Canyon.  We got up at 6:00, but we didn't arrive there until about 9:00.  Every parking place was taken, and people were parking outside the parking lot, quite some distance away.  Fortunately, we had our handicapped placard.  It is a great park for hikers. The trail we were told to use was too rugged for my scooter.  Later, after we left, we found out we could have just used the road that the tram uses.  I'd like to go back if we have time.

On our way back to the exit, we were attracted by a bird singing at the top of his lungs and we saw this phainopepla (Picture 1).  I loved his hair-do.  He must use lots of gel to get it to stand up that way!  He wasn't the least bit shy, and he stayed put as we came up right next to him.  He eats insects and loves mistletoe berries.

Then we went to Tohono Chul, a sort of botanical garden.  We saw a unique Mission Cactus--which is as tall as a tree.  Part of it has the cactus paddles, and other parts are green branches, some thick, some twigs.  I thought it had been grafted, but it hadn't.  (Picture 2)

We found this bird picking cotton off a nearby tree.  I haven't found his name in my bird book yet.  This tiny bird was making this huge nest.  He was adding cotton to it.  (Picture 3)  He was just as industrious as he was cute.

We chased cactus wrens everywhere throughout the park, but only got a poor shot (Picture 4).  They are Arizona's state bird and have pretty facial markings.  They have the strangest chortling like call.  We are saguaroed and prickly-peared out--we've seen so many, but this one puts a new spin on high-density housing.  (Picture 5)

I have lots of housefinches at home (Picture 6), but this guy was staring as us, almost as if he were posing.  We don't have goldfinches (Picture 7) at home, and some of them here are such a bright yellow.

We had to wait 30 minutes to be seated at the patio cafe.  The food was excellent, but expensive.

Then we went back to the Casino del Sol.  We played blackjack for about 3 hours. They have very player-friendly rules--the most liberal we've seen.  However, we weren't lucky.  We both lost, but not very much.  They did comp us our buffet, and it was good.

Tomorrow we are off to see Titan Missiles.

Staying at Desert Trails RV Park, $192/wk., huge park, all amenities, fun activities

Attachments

• IMG_9877.jpg
    IMG_9877.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_9881.jpg
    IMG_9881.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_9887.jpg
    IMG_9887.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_9889.jpg
    IMG_9889.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_9894.jpg
    IMG_9894.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_9897.jpg
    IMG_9897.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_9908.jpg
    IMG_9908.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 20
Pierat said:
Casa Grande us also a great historic visit.
I found it on the map, and it is close.  But, our itinerary is pretty packed.  Most likely we will do it next year.  What do you enjoy doing in Casa Grande?  Thanks for the help, Pierat.

The "White Dove of the Desert" church is lovely too and worthy of a visit.  It's real name is San Xavier del Bac Mission.  I too am enjoying your log.

ArdraF

Back
Top Bottom