Arizona with the Stocks in Feb.-March, 2013

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Dean & Linda Stock said:
You're right.  I thought I had posted the new info, but I hadn't.  I got the original figures from the cashier at the U of A State Museum bookstore.  However, I noticed that the figures couldn't be correct when I purchased other items.  I turned to my trusty i-Phone and asked it the current state sales tax, and it is 6.6%, as Bernie said.  Local taxes are added onto that, and our experience is that it varies widely.  In Yuma, we paid $8.89 tax at our RV resort on a $86.89 bill, so that's a little more than 10%.  I'm sorry I didn't post the new info immediately when I figured it out.

Note that in many cities the tax is higher on "Room and Meals" (or in some cases such as Tucson just Rooms)  than the general sales tax.

ken

March 13 2013 Day 19 Vista, CA

The weather in Yuma, Palm Springs, and Borrego Springs was very hot--90's.  I called Anza-Borrego SP, and they told me the wildflowers were lacking because of 2 years of little rainfall.  We decided to come into the San Diego area and go to the San Diego Zoo Wild Animal Park.  We have an annual pass, and we always have a wonderful time there.

We came into a brand new park--Olive St. RV Park, $40/night, FHU, concrete pads, asphalt streets, small trees at each site, and a little bunny visited us last night.

This concludes our Arizona trip.  Thanks for all your input.

Happy trails to all.  Next log will be on our Alaska trip in May.

Linda,

As usual, I've enjoyed traveling with you and Dean and will look forward to your next adventure.  Thanks for the log.

ArdraF

Wendy said:
$40 is pretty reasonable for San Diego. Where is it located ?

It's brand new, and it's in Vista, 40 min. from the San Diego Zoo Safari Park (formerly Wild Animal Park).  It's called Olive Avenue RV Resort, 713 Olive Ave., 760-295-9243.  I found it on rvparkreviews.com, which is a website I've found to be very helpful.

Back
Top Bottom