slide outs - 1? 2? left? right? both?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Wendy

Site Team
I'm always looking at different models online. NO, we are NOT looking to trade the Winnebago. But I'm curious.....if you have 2 slideouts, is it better to have them both on the same side (symmetry?)? or on opposite sides (balance?)??? Or does it make absolutely no difference whatsoever? I'm wondering....just in case :)

Having slides on opposite sides can be a problem in tight campsites.

We have two slides on opposite sides, one front and one rear. 

I don't think it makes much difference - different configurations will work better/worse on different campsites, depending on the site layout. We use  wooded sites whenever we can get them and occasionaly have to dodge a tree with one slide or the other, but obviously it depends on where the trees are located.

I concede that on  a VERY narow site it would be advantageous to have the slides on the same side, but I would hate to be on a site that narrow anyway!  We only need about 3 feet on either side to deploy the slides and I don't want to be any closer than that to anybody! . We have (regretably) stayed on sites with side-by-side hook-ups and have not had a problem. Likewise we have attended several major FMCA rallies where the rigs are tightly packed but still had plenty of room for the slides and to walk around the rig as well.

My every concern with slide outs has to do with the accessibility to the bays underneath.? Every campsight will have a different? obstacle course for the navigator to fit the rig into. That said,? I hope sights of the future are built with more width in mind!
Betty

My rig has 3 slide outs, 2 in the rear (one either side) and a big one in front.

I like the front slide to be on the driver's side (mine is) as if it's on the entry side it tends to take up part of your "porch" area as it were

Another issue, if doing the Wall-mart bit, I prefer to park at the far edge of the lot (as far out of the way as possible) with only driver side slides I can put them out (over the curb /grass at edge of lot) and not take up more parking spaces,,, They are also safe from passing vehicles (since they are not in a traffic area) with the 3rd slide (which is my bed) I don't feel comfortable doing that

Slides are nice, means extra maintance (more stuff that needs it) but worth it

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
7199michael
Back
Top Bottom