Zion NP, Bryce Canyon NP, and Mt. Rushmore

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Campfire RV

We have been planning our summer cross country vacation for this summer the past few months and we are finally making reservations at some of the spots. I just made my first couple reservations for the trip from California to western KY in June & July. I made reservations for one night at the Watchman Campground in Zion National Park and three nights at the Wolf Camp in Keystone, SD just a mile from Mt. Rushmore. All the sites at the Sunset campground in Bryce Canyon National Park are first come first serve so we are planning to leave early in the morning from Zion National Park to get to Bryce Canyon which is only about 80 mile drive and hopefully we get lucky to find a spot for at least two days.

Campfire RV said:
We have been planning our summer cross country vacation for this summer the past few months and we are finally making reservations at some of the spots. I just made my first couple reservations for the trip from California to western KY in June & July. I made reservations for one night at the Watchman Campground in Zion National Park and three nights at the Wolf Camp in Keystone, SD just a mile from Mt. Rushmore. All the sites at the Sunset campground in Bryce Canyon National Park are first come first serve so we are planning to leave early in the morning from Zion National Park to get to Bryce Canyon which is only about 80 mile drive and hopefully we get lucky to find a spot for at least two days.
Only one day at Watchman in Zion??? You really should think about at least 4 days at Zion. It is an unbelievably stunning place with lots of great hikes and scenic places.

If you arrive at Sunset in the summer time the odds are you won't get a spot. I prefer North campground over Sunset, it is quieter and closer to the rim. But getting a spot there is also tough. I would suggest that you get a reservation at Ruby's Inn Campground which is located right at the entrance to Bryce and has hookups.

SeilerBird said:
Only one day at Watchman in Zion??? You really should think about at least 4 days at Zion. It is an unbelievably stunning place with lots of great hikes and scenic places.

If you arrive at Sunset in the summer time the odds are you won't get a spot. I prefer North campground over Sunset, it is quieter and closer to the rim. But getting a spot there is also tough. I would suggest that you get a reservation at Ruby's Inn Campground which is located right at the entrance to Bryce and has hookups.

I wanted to stay at Watchman about 2-3 days but everything is already reserved and this was the last spot I could find to reserve. Zion NP is about 7 hours drive from us so I will try to make it there again around October for a few days.

I will check on Ruby's Inn Campground, I don't really care if I have hookups or not and was hoping to not spend the extra money as well. It may be the way to go if I really want to stay at Bryce a few nights. I don't have a toad so does a shuttle run from Ruby's to the NP?

You can stay at South Campground in Zion. They don't take reservations and there is no hookups. It is a huge campground and every morning many sites are available. Yes there is a shuttle at Bryce Canyon. It goes from Ruby's Inn to most of the popular spots.

Back
Top Bottom