A.I. - the girls have it

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think it's hysterical that you guys are all talking about AI and DWTS!  These are two of my most favorite shows and my DH thinks I'm nuts.  I've always loved AI from the beginning, but I am having trouble this year with the judges!  In the past they've been just slightly annoying, this year that stupid Nicki is driving me crazy!  I've actually thought about not watching it, but I enjoy the music and as Tom said watching the young talent grow!

I also think that this season's DWTS is going to be one of the best yet!  I love some of the stars they've chosen!!  I'm really looking forward to it starting.

Back in the 60's in the olde country, there was a talent competition on TV, quite tame by today's standards. We didn't have the convenience of the internet or smart phones for voting, not even voting by phone. The only way to vote was to mail in a postcard, and the performer who got the most votes came back next week and joined a new slate of competitors. None of this "50 votes allowed'; Tightwad Brits wouldn't have paid for 50 postcards and 50 postage stamps anyway.

One week a guy came on wearing tight white pants, wiggled his hips and sang. All the girls screamed and he came back next week and the week after and the week after. He was born Thomas Woodward, but his stage name was Tom Jones. Ever since, I've been asked countless times "are you THE ...." (it happened again yesterday when I called DTV for service). As always, my reply was "we were born 20 miles apart, but he made more money than me".

15 or so years ago I was sitting in my office at home when the doorbell rang. The UPS guy put a small package in my hand, said "my mother loves your songs", and left. I closed the door, realized what just happened, and burst out laughing  ;D

Methinks that Jimmy Iovine provides good advice to the competitors. Smoky Robinson was a welcome surprise this evening.

As someone who sings while I (attempt to) play the ukulele, I have nothing but admiration for these kids who sing while playing guitar or piano. The control in their voices is incredible.

Having a hard time with AI this year.  I'm really enjoying the girls but the guys are really falling flat. 

The judges are absolutely driving me batty!!!  Now I fast forward through the judges so I don't have to listen to their stupid comments.  I know which contestants I like so I don't need the judges to tell me.

Hoping the judges change next year.

Agreed on all counts. Only one guy has a prayer of making it to the semifinal. The top 3 will all be girls, and I think I know which 3.

Roadhappy said:
The judges are absolutely driving me batty!!! 

Me, too!  ::)  Keith is just fine, Randy is predictable, but Nicki's nasal speaking voice and silly nick names and Mariah's "Daahhhhlings" get on my nerves.  I, too, predict an all girls finale.  I'm really enjoying The Voice this year, also.

Margi

Aye Margi, Chris got me into watching The Voice last year, and I too am enjoying it this year.

Margi,

You're right about Keith and Randy, I can handle them but the other two are ridiculous.

I haven't ever watched the voice.  My aunt keeps trying to get me to watch it but it's hard to get all the shows in.  Our DVR is full with things we'll never have time to watch.

I have decided that I like all 5 girls on AI and don't want to see any of them leave!

I was ready to quit on AI last year and Micky Minaj has pushed me over the edge. Not only is her voice grati g, but she's mean.

I love The Voice. No goofy horrible AI gets like on AI. Everyone can sing. And the coaches are great. Tom, if you haven't watched TV yet, give it a shot. I think you'll find of 1000% better than AI.

Wendy
Show Low, AZ

Wendy,

Chris turned me on the voice last year, and we've both been watching this season. I still watch American Idol, for reasons stated earlier. I just ignore, or fast forward past, Menaj.

IMO both shows focus too much on the judges/mentors. The competitions are/should be about the contestants and their talents.

I love The Voice, too.  The judges take their mentoring seriously and always try to present any criticism in the most positive way.  I think Usher and Shakira have made a very smooth transition into the judging ranks.  I liked CeeLo and Christina, too, but I think I like the new judges even better.  Blake Shelton has a wonderful sense of humor which never fails to remind me of my Dad and brothers.

Margi

I've been pleasantly surprised by Usher. Cool/calm and provides good feedback.

I totally agree with you all on the Voice.  I think it is taking the place of AI and I'm thinking that AI may have run it's course unless they do something about these judges.  Not only are Nicki's comments stupid, sometimes she is so far out of line and inappropriate!  Afterall, this is a show that the entire family can watch and sometimes her comments are even sexual, which doesn't have a place on a show about singing competition.  IMO!!

Mikie

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chewys79
Back
Top Bottom