A 60s look for a 60s bus conversion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ian

I bumped into this while looking around some other sites and I thought this is one of the nicest little bus conversions I've seen for a long time. I mean little as in little bus, it was certainly a big conversion but I think they've done a very good job of it.

As it was done by an architect it probably wasn't done cheaply but on the other hand more than likely it was done properly so it looks like it should last. If you can compare the photos of it now and what it used to be when it was found sitting in a paddock they have done a great deal of restoration on the outside shell before they started on the inside.

http://remodelista.com/posts/rehab-diaries-a-makeover-for-a-maine-bus

PS: apologies of this has been seen before, I did search, I didn't see it mentioned anywhere.

:)

A Super job and 1960s correct interior.  Great mechanical restoration on exterior, very true to period.

Excellent use of "classic" materials.  I love the quarter sawn white oak that he used.  Everything about the conversion says ... comfortable.

Having done a total bus conversion ourselves, my wife and I appreciate the effort that was obviously put into this one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freetoroam
Back
Top Bottom