Wipers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bob Dugard

We purchased our 1999 Class A 40 ft Gulf Stream in November 2012 had it certified and we are just getting ready for our first trip. I am going over everything in preparation looking good so far. In my opinion the wipers look to small for full glass windshield thinking they may have cut cost on certification. Any ideas where I can find out the recommended length for wipers?

BobnJude 

I would sit in the seat and turn them on for a few wipes. See exactly what area they cover and if it is a good field of vision. It might not be practical to put on longer blades but possibly someone put on short ones just because they couldn't find the correct size. Mine are 24" and I can usually find them at an auto parts store. You can always call the chassis mfr with the VIN and they will tell you what size blades it came with.

Bob,
My wiper blades are 28" and I change them out every year. I got mine at Camping World. I have a Ford F53. I have always changed out wiper blades every year on my cars and RV.

Ron

You can get 28" wiper blade replacements at Costco for a lot less, like around $7.00 each.

Thanks Ron

I have been working on the Big Foot levellers the past few days.
I will measure and check my vision they look small for sure.

BobnJude

Bob, my Winnie came with 26" blades and I replaced them with 28" blades.  I still have plenty of room for an even longer wiper is they made such a thing.  I like the extra coverage.

Back
Top Bottom