Essential Bits for HaRVey the RV

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nuttyzoomzoom

I have HaRVey insured now ($330 a year-is that reasonable?) and I added him to our AARP Roadside ($105 a year total for our vehicles and HaRVey)

What else do we need to do?  Besides go to the bank and get some money out!? 

What are absolute necessities?  I started a *camping box* a couple weeks ago.  Sure I need dishes, pots and pans, towels, etc, but I don't know RV-related essentials. 

HELP!

A multimeter is essential. It is also essential that you know how to use it. And of course a 46 inch TV is also something you should never leave home without. ;D

SeilerBird said:
A multimeter is essential. It is also essential that you know how to use it. And of course a 46 inch TV is also something you should never leave home without. ;D

Chuck's a wrench, he has voltmeters, multimeters and a garage full of assorted tools of restruction.

Cancel AARP roadside tooooday, and call Coach-Net, don't leave home without it.

Have fun  :)

Dan

Really?  We've always had AARP Premier.  Added the RV this morning.  I checked Good Sam, but was $55 a year more for the same coverage.  Is Coach-Net that much better?

nuttyzoomzoom said:
Really?  We've always had AARP Premier.  Added the RV this morning.  I checked Good Sam, but was $55 a year more for the same coverage.  Is Coach-Net that much better?
Check your limits on towing.  You don't want to find out the differences between roadside services while you are sitting out in east nowhere.

Absolutely. They will provide towing for your cars, motorcycles, especially your coach. And at about the same price.

Dan

No one's mentioned Good Sam's roadside. 

On the AARP, we have coverage on all our *regular* vehicles and the 2 MGs, and the RV.  I'll check on towing limits.

I tend to avoid Good Sam - they're part of the Affinity Group which is infamous for sending you great volumes of junk mail for the rest of your life once they get your address.  Not email, but physical mail that costs you forwarding postage if you're traveling and using a mail forwarding service.

Good Sam and Coachnet have similar policies, but I prefer doing business with the latter.  Besides offering unlimited distance towing on all your vehicles, Coachnet has a tech support line that you can call at any time with questions about any mechanical system in your RV. And their towing service is legendary - you can break down in the middle of Death Valley and they'll send an appropriate tow rig and take you to a qualified repair facility, even if it's over 150 miles away, at no charge.  Been there, done that.

Coachnet has one (to me) big advantage (well, more than one, but...): you can call them to get help with something you're trying to fix on your RV. Ahhh, I see Lou beat me to that.

appropriate tow rig

This is the key item.  Those who really don't understand RVs usually send the wrong type of vehicle because they don't know what you need.

ArdraF

COACH-NET!!!!!! They will send the right truck to tow your rig as far as it needs to go to get it fixed. No charge!!!

No car service will do that.

I've got some boating buddies that say they've never run into any problem that a big enough checkbook wouldn't solve. Now that was 20 years ago, so now just make sure the credit limit on your card is high enough and you're good to go.

Ken

jmugs said:
A collection of your favorite CDs.
Video camera is great on the road.

Ooooh I don't even know if he's got a CD player innim.  Priority - check that first thing tomorrow when Chuck brings him home!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CampMike2270
Back
Top Bottom