Tow Vehicle Informal Survey - would be interesting to create a poll!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

What is your Tow Vehicle - I put in alpha order so as not to descriminate!

• Dodge - Gasser

Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Dodge - Diesel

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ford - Gasser

Votes: 4 22.2%
  • Ford - Diesel

Votes: 4 22.2%
  • GM - gasser

Votes: 3 16.7%
  • GM - Diesel

• Other - Gasser

• Other - Diesel

Votes: 1 5.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Wigpro

I will be spending my summer in Alaska and during that time doing some serious searching for a new pick-up or tow vehicle for my small 5th wheel, which hopefully will have a growth spurt at the end of summer along with the new truck.

Last Sunday I drove from Kingman AZ to Salt lake City for some annual medical tests so it was a 1100 mile Round trip and I decided to pass the time by noting the tow vehicles on larger 5th wheels and Travel trailers. My informal survery seemed to see the majority being Dodge Rams, then GM Duramax's followed last by Ford diesels.

I found this interesting since the number of Rams was way ahead of the GM's and the Fords were few and far between.

I know I want a diesel and have been impressed with the Duramax from GM, however they are rarely on the used market with many more Rams available so I pretty much have resigned myself to search hard for a good Dodge! But I will of course consider them all since buying used, condition and price are the most important features I will be shopping.

There were quite a few rigs moving North already and I will be heading North in a couple weeks and will more than likely keep count again, maybe even with more detail.

Just something I noticed.

Jim

Interesting observation.  I'd recommend you create "fields" to fill out though.  Not just tow vehicle, make, year, engine, tow type and tow weight.

Here's a little more on your interesting observation.  My wife and I started playing the game a couple of years ago, but have since lost interest.  We (well, she...I was driving and IDing) wrote down the different RV's we saw.  We had it broken down into Class A's, B's, and C's, and TT or 5er and what pulled each.  It was a great way to pass the time.  But what we learned from it was that no matter which brand, mainly talking about the trucks that pulled the TT's and 5ers, in the end, it all pretty much balanced out.  In other words, there was an equal number of each brand of truck pulling those trailers in the end.  Your particular day just happened to see more RAM's than the others.

I will stand by my Ford, however, I suggest you drive all three and see what kind of deal you can get depending on what you like in the end.  The new trucks all have advantages, and they all have their issues also.  Just get up on the different truck forums and you'll see plenty of bashing, and plenty of gloating also.

SubVet said:
Interesting observation.  I'd recommend you create "fields" to fill out though.  Not just tow vehicle, make, year, engine, tow type and tow weight.

Not sure I could figure out how to get all that info at 60 mph on the highway! Make and diesel is about it...without stopping and talking to every vehicle.
Maybe I will add a poll here and see what happens....be interesting!

Jim

I voted "other diesel" and Ford diesel however only the other diesel came up as a vote. As we have both a Ford f350 7.3 diesel 4 door super crew 4x4 ;) and a Freightliner fl70 with an 84 inch sleeper.http://www.rvforum.net/SMF_forum/Smileys/default/wink.gif

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Davidomero
Back
Top Bottom