Sponsored by Winnebago Industries

Author Topic: Stove Vent Hood Rattling  (Read 1792 times)

bsjs870

Stove Vent Hood Rattling
« on: March 22, 2013, 03:04:08 PM »
Have a 2008 Vista and the stove vent hood rattles loudly when we are going down the highway. Any suggestions?

JPete

• ---
  • The older I get, the better I was.
Re: Stove Vent Hood Rattling
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2013, 03:10:57 PM »
I put a small piece of foam insulation between the flap and the hood from the outside before we hit the road and remove it when we set up camp. I use the awning rod so I don't have to get out the ladder.

Pete

John Canfield

• Forum Staff
  • ---
    • Jane and John's Internet Home
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2013, 06:42:20 PM »
Hi bsjs870 (do you have a name?)  Welcome.

Oddly enough, some report rattling but ours has never made a peep.  I suspect it might be due to air ingress in the coach creating a positive pressure and then perhaps the pressure decreases - don't know.
--John
2005 Horizon 40AD, 2006 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited
Our Horizon projects
Our weather

JPete

• ---
  • The older I get, the better I was.
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2013, 07:13:46 AM »
John,
Is yours latched down? On our 40AD it flaps whenever a truck passed us as well as any side wind gusts. There are two little tabs that will lock the flap down on the outside under the hood but it is too much of a pain to get out the ladder every time we set up.

Pete

John Canfield

• Forum Staff
  • ---
    • Jane and John's Internet Home
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2013, 09:02:44 AM »
Pete - no, it's not latched.  Maybe ours makes noise but it never registers with the brain  :D, at any rate its never been an issue.
--John
2005 Horizon 40AD, 2006 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited
Our Horizon projects
Our weather

nvrver

• ---
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2013, 04:17:46 PM »
On our last two Class C Minnies I have taken down interior vent hood above the stove, cleaned , added light weight weather strip to internal light weight metal vent flapper to stop it from hitting metal to metal.  My exterior vent cover has Velcro to keep it closed while traveling, I also had to remove and replace that with new Velcro.  Regards  Dick
Charter Life Member Good Sam
RVing since 1984
2006 Winnebago Class C, Ford V-10
2013 Honda CR-V EX AWD
Member WIT - Washoe Winnies

Harveyj

• ---
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2013, 12:50:50 PM »
I had the same problem with the noise from the vent flaps.  I got a short length of air tubing (from an aquarium pump), slit it down the middle of one side and slid it over the edge of the louver flaps...no noise since.
2003 Winnebago Minnie 29B
Boise, Idaho

Hosted by Over The Network