Stove Vent Hood Rattling

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bsjs870

Have a 2008 Vista and the stove vent hood rattles loudly when we are going down the highway. Any suggestions?

I put a small piece of foam insulation between the flap and the hood from the outside before we hit the road and remove it when we set up camp. I use the awning rod so I don't have to get out the ladder.

Pete

Hi bsjs870 (do you have a name?)  Welcome.

Oddly enough, some report rattling but ours has never made a peep.  I suspect it might be due to air ingress in the coach creating a positive pressure and then perhaps the pressure decreases - don't know.

John,
Is yours latched down? On our 40AD it flaps whenever a truck passed us as well as any side wind gusts. There are two little tabs that will lock the flap down on the outside under the hood but it is too much of a pain to get out the ladder every time we set up.

Pete

On our last two Class C Minnies I have taken down interior vent hood above the stove, cleaned , added light weight weather strip to internal light weight metal vent flapper to stop it from hitting metal to metal.  My exterior vent cover has Velcro to keep it closed while traveling, I also had to remove and replace that with new Velcro.  Regards  Dick

I had the same problem with the noise from the vent flaps.  I got a short length of air tubing (from an aquarium pump), slit it down the middle of one side and slid it over the edge of the louver flaps...no noise since.

Back
Top Bottom