2013 F350 4x4 with Integrated Reese Elite Series Hitch

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mizmac

Hi All, Haven't been on the forum since the format changed, but have always gotten great advice here so I thought I'd get your opinion.  We will be ordering a 2013 F350 4x4, crew cab, lwb with 20" tires and the Integrated Reese Elite Series Hitch.  We have a mid-profile 2005 Durango (by KZ) and are a little worried about rail clearance.  The specs on the new truck indicate load floor height of 37.7" and cargo box height of 20" but at this point can't find if those measurements are with 18" or 20" tires.  We currently pull with a 2005 F350 4x4, crew cab, lwb with 18" tires (the specks for load floor height are 38.2" and cargo box height is 20") and have a 15.5K pullrite hitch which is set at the midway adjustment in height with an available range of 14.5-17.5".  We have about 4" (or a little more) clearance on the rails with a not quite level top line on the 5ver. 

Does anyone out there have the integrated hitch and how do you like it?  Do you feel we need to be concerned about clearance issues with the new truck and hitch or are we worrying too much. 

Is there a maximum angle that is acceptable when pulling a 5ver?

As usual, thanks for your help and advice.  I did a number of searches but didn't get a hit on my concerns so I hope I didn't miss it if this has already been a topic.

Sally

Hi Sally, I have that hitch on my 2012 F250 with 20in wheels and I like it.One question though what is the Bed length 6.5 or 8ft if it is the 6.5 I would order the truck with a 5th wheel prep kit (everything but the Hitch itself) the below the bed rails are installed and the connector is on the left side of the bed you can order a Elite hitch with a slider from E-Trailer Ford does not sell one and is cheaper.The hitch has 3 height adjustments for bed rail clearance and comes with the center height. I have a 2012 Cougar 318SAB and have plenty of clearance. The hitch with a slider is rated for 18,000lb and without (from Ford) 22,500lb.

Hi znerf:  We will go with 8' bed and are ordering all (except hitch head) with truck.  Approximately how many inches of clearance do you have on the rails and are you able to adjust the hitch to where your trailer is level or do you have some slope?  Also what size trailer tires to you have - ours are 16"?  Many thanks for your help!  Sally

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CampMike2270
Back
Top Bottom