Convection Microwave Oven - Recommendations Sought

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dbdjeb

We have to replace the Samsung convection/microwave in our 2005 Fleetwood Bounder.  The new unit has to fit into a space 21"W x 16"H.  Does anyone have a microwave you love or, conversely, are kicking yourself for buying?  If so, please let us know the brand and model number.

Thanks,
Dale D.

How has the unit failed?
We have been able to repair ours twice over the years for less than $60.
Hard part has been unmounting and remounting it.
Good news part it is the right size.
Bob

We also have a Sharp microwave/convection oven.  Liked it well enough that I got another one for the house.

ArdraF

Those of you who suggested the Sharp oven - Can you let me know the model number?  I've been seeing a .9 cubic foot one on-line (R-820JS).  Is that the one?

To bobsharon:  The old microwave is toasted.  We had a power surge that took out the microwave along with the washing machine and TVs.  Will have to replace all of them.  (We're also having a surge protector installed - live and learn)

Thanks everyone for your help.

Dale D.

The Sharp Carousel in the motorhome is the R-1871.  It's built into the cabinets.  The Sharp Carousel in the house is a countertop version of the same thing and it's an RM-930A.  There's one subtle difference between the two.  The one in the motorhome has a Turntable On/Off whereas the one at home doesn't.  I wish they both did because I can't use the one at home for long rectangular dishes that are wider than the carousel.

But, all that said, remember that where RVs are concerned, the deciding factor may be what fits into the allotted space.  You'll have to measure very carefully in every direction to make sure your final choice will fit where you need it to fit.  What fits in our motorhome may not fit in yours.

By the way, I'm glad you're getting a surge suppressor.  They're essential with RV appliances - as you've learned the hard way.  Hopefully others will learn from your mistake.

ArdraF

Ardra, take out the turntable tray, prop the rectangular pan with something too keep it straight.

Our old Sharp, original equipment in 1997, died last year, we replaced with newer version, fit right in along with original trim.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozgal
Back
Top Bottom