Sad News

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

John From Detroit

First I put it here because Shade Tree is kind of light and cherry....

We had a wonderful Holy Week, got my first ever Social Security check and combined with a bit of added cash courtesy of the Infernal Revinew (Tax return) 2 weeks earlier we went out and bought the 1987 Jeep I posted about already, One sweet car, that car was in fantastic condition, put over 200 miles on it (Closer to 300) myself and had Judy drive it as well to make sure she was comfortable in that seat.

We sang Holy Thrusday, Good Friday, Easter Vigil and Easter morning masses then returned to the campground to finish packing and off to Anderson SC for Linner (Lunch/Dinner) then on to Modoc (prounced MOD-ock) Me driving the Motor home and Judy following in the Jeep.

Only, she did not make it..  I noticed she was no longer behind me so after a long wait, I doubled back.  To find a one car-fatal-accident,  A red 1987 Jeep Wagoneer with Temp Tags and Judy and My choir bags inside.

Appears she drifted a bit too far to the right and off the road,  Over corrected and went left, Over corrected again back to the right, Over corrected again back to the left and the tree.. So say the witnesses, so say the skid marks.

I got to the road closure, Told the man I was waiting on my wife to catch up, described the Jeep, he said for me to go up to the scene.  She was gone (in both senses of the word) when I got there.

It was a beautful Easter morning (This happened 3 45 PM) Even the bit of rain did nto dampen things.

I had to call my daughter (Asked her to call the rest of the family) Called Music director at chruch, Called primary SC campground guard,  Few other calls,  Today it's been insurance and such, making arraignements,, Looks like funeral Friday at St. Paul the Apostle, Seneca SC.

I need to get back to Seneca,, but an 80 mile drive today is OUT of the question.

John,

That must have been difficult to write... I got chills reading it... my best regards and kind wishes.

Gary

John, I'm truly sorry to read your message. Chris and I send our sincerest condolences.

John,

Many here, including me, will be speechless upon hearing this tragic news. For all the help and advice you have given to the Framily, I hope you will call upon us to help you in any way you need during this very difficult time.

Our thoughts are with you and your family.

Kim & Christi

We met Judy at Quartzsite so this is indeed sad news, John.  We both are so very sorry for your loss and hope your faith will help you through this very difficult time.

Our sincerest condolences to you and your family.

ArdraF and JerryF

John,
I haven't been here that long, but feel I know many of you regulars through your insight and wisdom.
My thoughts and sincere condolences are with you for your loss.

So very sorry to hear this news, John.  Please accept our sincere condolences.

Margi and Tom

I'm very sorry for your loss, John -- please accept my condolences. I know it's gonna be rough for a while -- my thoughts will be with you.

Like  Kim said,
I am speechless.  Words fail me now.  I am so very sorry to read of this tragic event.  But thank you so much for informing us so we may send kind thoughts of support to you ! 

Betty

John, we have never met in person, but I have gotten to know you via your posts. Please accept our sincere condolences.

Judy and Wayne Malone (judway)

John,

I am so sorry to hear your heartbreaking news, My prayers go out to you and Judy. Please, if there is anything I can do to help you, Do not hesitate to contact me. You have a very large and supportive Framily here!

Steve

John -

What terrible news!  Especially on what should have been a day of celebration.

Please accept my sincerest condolences and know that you and your family are in my prayers.

Lou Schneider

Back
Top Bottom