March photos - the cutest baby bird ever

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SeilerBird

I feel like I am living in a bird sanctuary. The baby Sandhill Crane is the most adorable bird I have ever seen. There are two of them being raised about 100 yards from my front door.

Click on the link below and select the March album to view them.

Yep, the little baby crane is my favorite for March.  Some  months are so much easier than others  to make a pick.  Beautiful work again.  Florida looks to be a good place for you!

The cranes are simply fascinating.  My favorites are the little baby crane and also Dad and baby crane.  Mama Duck with her five babies tugged at my heart strings, too.  Love your end-of-the-month slide shows, Tom.

Margi

What an enjoyable group of photos! Those are great, Tom! That little baby chick is the cutest thing!
Thanks so much!

-Roni

gwcowgill said:
Nice looking photos Tom. Tell Capt Steve to come on down and polish my rims :) :) :) :) :) was out this morning taking some shots.
CaptSteve is back out in the Gulf steering his little boat around 8)

I should mention that the reason I took that photo was because I can see my reflection twice in the rim and so I took the shot to add to my collection of photos of myself. Yes, I am strange... ???

Greta set of pictures.  Yes, the baby SHC is cute, but I like the bandleader best!

Glad you're having a good time.

Don

Nice as usual, Tom . . .

My vote for best of show would be between the Sandhill Crane Portrait and Little Blue Heron Fishing. If pressed between the two would go with the portrait. But that's personal as I'm an old portrait guy - not that one has more photographic value to me. They are both very sharp and cropped well.

Tom,

I see 12 pictures of you in that "rim shot".  Also, I'm a native mid-westerner, so cranes and herons, and water birds, except for the ever-present sea gulls (in the middle of a K-Mart parking lot 100 miles from Lake Michigan), are unfamiliar. What's the difference between a crane and a heron? They look the same, except for their colors.

Stan

P.S. Great pictures, thanks for sharing.

I think the difference is the origin of the name. Cranes are English, Herons are German and Egrets are French. They are all closely related. Several of the people in the rim shot are Steve. He was standing right next to me supervising when I took the shot.

I like Daddy Crane and Baby. Nothing like a Dad and his kid.

Glad you're enjoying Florida. It's not one of my favorite places but you sure can't beat the birding there.

And, Tom, yes, you are strange but that's what makes you, you :)

Wendy

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
automedicmobile
Back
Top Bottom