Here's the new message board

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tom

Administrator
I went ahead and opened this message board specifically for truck campers. At one time, we had an active truck camper board in our old forum venue, but hadn't seen any call for one here until recently. But here it is.

Tom,

I am really happy you opened this new message board.  I have had a fifth wheel, a travel trailer, and traveled full time for 5 years.  I have a lot of boondocking experience.  I am now using a pickup camper so I can tow my 4wd.  I would have been more vocal about the need for this topic but was off in other directions in my life.

Yahoo has a camper list but it is not anywhere as effective and informational as this subject could be in the RV Forum.  I am still learning a lot about truck campers but I would be happy to moderate this forum if you like.

Hi Jayne. It sure would be nice to see this board develop into a useful resource for truck camper folks.

Great!  We are in truck camper #3.  Had all kinds of jacks, campers experience.  So questions?  maybe I can help. 

I'm new here....geat site by the way....and this truck camper forum is just dandy for me!! :)
Thanks!!

Hey Skamper, how about posting a photo of your truck camper. Just click Additional options while composing your reply, then click Browse and browse to the photo on your PC.

Shoot, I wanted to answer Joeinnm about the artic cat/tire/load rating topic but the thread is locked.

I am going to post it anyways as I think it is important for everyone to know this simple little fact. Most (GM, FORD) pickup trucks have a load rating sticker on the glove box door. It has axle ratings, tire ratings and maximum load for the bed.

Hope this helps

Tim

Sorry Tim, I'd shut it off before it went too far downhill.

I can see it was getting pointless.

I just wanted to post what I had posted since I used to build/sell commercial truck in Oakland GMC/Mack/Volvo.

I used to build trucks for folks looking to haul campers (anything actually) but I had a customer that had specific needs as far as his camper shell he was buying. Of course not wanting to order it but also wanting to provide the customer with the right truck for this job the question came up about "What is the bed capacity" without having to calc out the axle ratings, curb weight, camper shell, people, fluids etc...

So after asking around I finally called GM and they told me about the sticker in the glove box. Which was perfect. You see it there but you never really look at it. Or at least I never did, my co-workers I worked with also have been selling trucks for collectively 50 years wasn't aware of the darn sticker. So if anyone can use it, there it is.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lmw
Back
Top Bottom