Need Help Finding CB Wireing On a Voyage 32H

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Just finished installing the antenna.  Used a 4 1/2 hole cutter to gain access to the outside wall. All done behind the overhead cabinet on the drivers side.  Removed the inside ends of cabinet 2 screws, removed the back panel (cloth) 2 screws.. Now I have access to the inside wall.  1/4" luan. Be careful aluminum frame behind the luan. Remove the luan circle save it.  Remove the foam, vacuum up the mess, and drill your holes.  I ran the antenna wire up the window post into the cabinet.  Will finish tomorrow with a can of foam, double sided duct tape to hold the luan and put everything back together. 

Hope to add pictures if I can post them.

Jim

Tin man said:
Just finished installing the antenna.  Used a 4 1/2 hole cutter to gain access to the outside wall. All done behind the overhead cabinet on the drivers side.  Removed the inside ends of cabinet 2 screws, removed the back panel (cloth) 2 screws.. Now I have access to the inside wall.  1/4" luan. Be careful aluminum frame behind the luan. Remove the luan circle save it.  Remove the foam, vacuum up the mess, and drill your holes.  I ran the antenna wire up the window post into the cabinet.  Will finish tomorrow with a can of foam, double sided duct tape to hold the luan and put everything back together. 

Hope to add pictures if I can post them.

Jim
Were you ever able to get the pictures?

I am doing this on my apple so bear with me.

Attachments

• ground wire.jpg
    ground wire.jpg
    10.3 KB · Views: 28
  • ready to put back together.jpg
    ready to put back together.jpg
    11.5 KB · Views: 26
  • hole sealed.jpg
    hole sealed.jpg
    9.1 KB · Views: 23
  • inside panel removed.jpg
    inside panel removed.jpg
    9.7 KB · Views: 24
Fire stick 3ft does not need to be grounded.    However you will see that I attached a ground wore to the frame in the wall. 

I have pictures of the outside, but I have to download them off my cell phone.

It went pretty smooth, and I have more pictures removing the back panel and side panels.

Model number LG3-M2 go to firestik.com to see thh antenna kit

Tin man said:
Fire stick 3ft does not need to be grounded.    However you will see that I attached a ground wore to the frame in the wall. 

I have pictures of the outside, but I have to download them off my cell phone.

It went pretty smooth, and I have more pictures removing the back panel and side panels.

Model number LG3-M2 go to firestik.com to see thh antenna kit
I would live to see the other pics when you have the time. The FireStick looks like a great solution for mounting.

more inside

Attachments

• panel removed.jpg
    panel removed.jpg
    10.8 KB · Views: 22
  • inside panel removed.jpg
    inside panel removed.jpg
    9.7 KB · Views: 23
  • finished looks good...jpg
    finished looks good...jpg
    11.1 KB · Views: 23
That's interesting, I just removed a Firestick from the Rubicon and replaced it with a Wilson Trucker 2000 (5" shaft.)  The Firestick seemed to tune up okay (I have an MFJ SWR analyzer and a  Bird model 43 watt meter), but the antenna never seemed to perform very well on the trail.

I'll have a better feel for real-world performance with the Wilson antenna after using this summer on the trail.

To answer the curve pole, My friend had a pad in the back of his house, he had a MH and put up a portable shed.  that is the outside of the shed. The cover came down from hurricane Sandy  In the process of replacing some of the damaged poles, and new cover.

Ref John, I have very little experience with CB's and antennas.  This is what the experts told me to get and after wasting money on a glass mounted antenna this is the way I went.  I went with the glass because I was afraid to start moving things around.

It went pretty smooth,(the antenna)  so I replace the rear TV and now I'm trying to mount it on the outside wall.  Inside the hole that was left behind.

The front tv will be next. 

The glass mount antennas have never been a favorite of mine, so you will be doing better with coax cable from the radio to the antenna.  Be sure and tune the antenna unless you just want to receive.

Borrowed a friends sw meter, and tuned the set.  All channels were in tolerance of .01 whatever the book said that it had to be.

Tin Man:  GREAT work... it really looks good!!!

John: I started with a Firestik NGP mounted on my ladder, and got AWFUL SWR results in the 1:5s and higher.  While trying to figure the problem out, I sat my 4-wheeler's Lil Wil on the fiberglass roof just to see how it would tune... 1:1 - 1:1.5 all the way across the band without changing how it was set for the 4-wheeler.  I replaced the NGP with a regular Firestik and while I'm a touch higher on the SWRs (1:1.6s on Ch 1), I'm very happy now.

It's good to keep the reflected power as low as possible (< 2.0) but that's not an indicator of antenna performance, it just means that through a little 'smoke and mirrors' the transmitter sees a 52 ohm load.  The antenna could be a poor performer (or a good one.)

John

Not much traffic on the CB, heard a few off shore fisherman, (not speaking English) I'll be on the road next week so I'll see howit works.  The glass mounted antenna was worthless.  Now I have to get it off the glass. Any suggestions?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
automedicmobile
Back
Top Bottom