Wally World Resort?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jmann7x

Have any of you guys heard of Wally World Resorts? My wife filled out a chance to win 15 free nights camping at a RV show and I guess we were selected. It sure seems like a catch to me. Are these people time share people for campgrounds? Do you have any obligations if you accept the 15 days of camping. The guy called last night and I told her to tell him to call back after we discuss this some more. I just thought I would ask. Thanks

I thought it was just one resort? In Ohio on the Mohican River? We were there for a few nights many years ago and it was decent enough but nothing to rave about. You can check their website at http://www.wallyworldresort.com/

They routinely give away a free two night stay to attract customers. I assume that a freebie deal like you got will include a mandatory high pressure sales pitch at some point, but you can just sit through it and say "No".

I lived in Ohio all my life .  I've never heard of Wally World Resort except in the movie. I'm leaving today for a weekend stay at Mohican State Park. It turns out that I will be only a few miles from Wally World Resort . If I get an opportunity, I will check it out and report back to you. Perhaps this was a different campground that has changed its name .

It's part of a 5 park chain...associated w/a larger chain...
Was scheduled to visit the Wally World one but was snowed out...rescheduled to their park out side of Cambridge Ohio...Rocky fort, or something like that, and took the tour...
They offered everything from high end sites w/all the games and amenities even a shooting range ..to rustic tent camping spots.. beautiful cabins too...
It is a members  only and after a one-time fee & an annual maintenance fee, $365, you get to stay in any of their sites free, I believe, or their "sister" chain's sites for a ridiculously cheap rate.. like $10 bucks a night...
I was offered 30 nights free and a $50 gas card..
Was tempted but is not my style...I have too much fun exploring roads I've never been on and have not yet been asked to park somewhere else...I've read the stories and know my luck will run out...but I'll push it to the end.
And wally world is off either 3 or 39 o/s of Loudenville Ohio..[sp]

George

Usually the "Free Days" (or nights) come on requires you to listen to a sales pitch, You do not have to buy , just listen.  I have said NO several times. Yes a couple too.

Jake M*** lied to me and my wife about what we were paying for and once we figured out the truth it was to late. For $5,500 he promised us Wally World for nothing and access to 7 other resorts/campgrounds in the Travel Resorts of America network for $10 a night. We were told we would have access to Bass Lake in New York, Luna Sands in Florida, North Shore Landing in Georgia, Gettysburg Battlefield Resort in Pennsylvania, Sycamore Lodge in North Carolina, Rocky Fork Ranch in Ohio and Pymatuning Adventure in Ohio on top of Wally World in Ohio. All for life and for the life of our child. Now when we call to reserve a spot at Rocky Fork Ranch for the weekend, they tell us that is not what we have and it is part of some other package that costs another $199 a year on top of the $500 maintenance fees. So now it's $5,500 one time fee plus $700 a year to get the things we were promised. At $35 a night (which is the average for other campgrounds in the area), we would have to camp 28 days a year to use roughly $1000 in camping time every year and at that rate we wouldn't come out ahead for 18 years. That's only if we camped every holiday weekend every year without fail. Now, think about this..... if you don't camp that much for some years due to not being able to get off from work, family obligation, etc....you may never benefit from this membership, i.e. come out ahead. Plus also keep in mind that this means you would always have to camp at one campground and never be able to go anywhere else without paying full price, EVER. So there is really no cost benefit to ever sign up for this scam. I hope this helps the next person to save themselves from being manipulated and exploited by a very duplicitous, swindling, snake oil salesman. DON'T BUY INTO THE LIES!!!! SAVE YOURSELVES AND YOUR HARD EARNED MONEY!!!!

So, Travel Resorts of America appears to be the Mother Ship.
I had a call from them a while back, after signing up for something at the camper show in Denver.
Margo used to sell Time Shares in the Rockies back in the 80's and the spiel started sounding very familiar after we talked for a little while.
We decided to pass.

Back
Top Bottom