Easter 2013 in the California gold country....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JCZ

A link to our blog from last weekend....(best viewed with a large monitor but you can click on any of the photos to enlarge them).... in signature line.

Pretty neat! Thanks for taking the time to make your blog available to us. I enjoyed it. Now... if I could just get some time off from work to go see places like that myself. (Heavy sigh)

Ke

The wife and I are going to spend a week in that same area in July. It was nice to see actual pictures from the towns. Thanks for posting. Counting the days until July.

Happy to hear somebody's enjoying the blog.  Being new at it, so many views and no reply.....I was begining to wonder if I was doing something wrong.

FB Coach....if I can answer any questions about the area for you, just shoot.  I've been running these mountains since I was a youngster in school, so I know them pretty well.

I do wish more people would post trip reports with photos, etc.  Show me what I've been missing so I can make plans to go where ever it is!  :)

I enjoyed that too. I was expecting to see nothing but snow. ;D

Snow at the 1500'-2500' elevation level would not be common and then usually just a dusting and doesn't stick for more than an hour or two. 

Now just 50 miles east from there you'll be up over 9,000' elevation and plenty of snow. 

Thanks for your offer JCZ, I'm sure I will have some questions as we get closer. We are going to finish our trip on on the Eastern side of the Sierra's (Carson City). Have you ever driven hwy 88 from West to East? I have researched it but first hand experience is always better.

I travel Hwy. 88 both directions several times every year......a beautiful drive in either direction.  I've towed my 32' Sea Ray on a triple axel trailer over it a couple of times, as well.  Easy road to drive and a nice alternative to Hwy. 50 between south shore of Lake Tahoe and Sacramento.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
7199michael
Back
Top Bottom