2013 Winnebago Grand National Rally! (July 21-26)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

John Canfield

Site Team
Oh my goodness - it's time to start thinking about the 2013 GNR!  This year's theme is the Wild, Wild West.

If you have never attended a GNR, you are missing out on a lot of fun and educational opportunities.  Many in our Texas group attend every year and have done so for many years.

Here's the GNR web page, and here's a link to registration.

Absolutely! We have been a couple times and it was always fun with tons do and see. And the freebies you can score there are amazing. Both products and services. I highly recommend it!

Alaska is on the back burner, due to family commitments, but it looks like we will go to the Rally, and than continue to Yellowstone. 

Just hope the weather holds up. 

John Canfield said:
Forest City, Iowa - only about an hour's drive south of Minnesota near IH-35.
;D ;D I'm actually from Anoka, Minn........ I always thought of Iowa as a place that we "Passed through".... Never considered it as a "Destination".... but maybe that's just me  ::). When I read the "Wild-Wild West" theme........ Iowa didn't really come to mind.... ;D

My great-grandfather was actually born in Forest, City Iowa. That rally sounds like a blast but not sure I want to make the trip.

Registration in and confirmed, have our notification packet, Tee Shirts, hat.  Our MH interior is decorated in a Western/Native American theme so we are all ready to go to the Wild West Show in Forest City, IA.

GNR News:

You Won't Want To Miss Out!

The annual WIT Club Grand National Rally is the granddaddy of all owner club events and this year's WIT's Wild West Grand National Rally is going to be better than ever. As always, the Grand National Rally is open exclusively to WIT Club Members and whether you are a "first-timer" or a seasoned veteran attendee, you should plan to attend now because this year's rally is going to be better than ever and you will not want to miss out on all the fun.

We have been busy making wagonloads of improvements to our grounds and we have a whole passel of fun, new things and improvements in store for you to experience at the Grand National Rally.

Great food-it is here:

Waldorf College Food Services is providing quality food and meal service on-site in the food pavilion.
    Scoopy Doo's locally famous ice cream shop is operating an on-site convenience store.
    Walking tacos and the infamous Grand National Malts are back on the menu at the express dining tent.
    Enjoy your favorite beverages and snacks in air conditioned comfort afternoons and evenings at Marti's Saloon located on the Rally Grounds at River Oaks.

Better communication-it is online:

We are investing $40,000 in upgrading WiFi service at the rally grounds so you can always be in touch during your stay.

Get the latest information:

Choose from loads of seminars and information sessions presented by vendor and Winnebago Industries? personnel throughout the rally.
    Camp Freightliner ? classes are also available post Grand National Rally for diesel pusher owners. Visit www.freightlinerchassis.com to register.

There is entertainment:

Good times are in store with comedy and music, including:
        Special guest appearance by local and Grand National Rally favorite "Melvina"
        Comedian Jan McInnis
        Black Diamond - Country Music
        Jay and the Americans
        Headliner John Michael Montgomery
        You will also want to check out the daily entertainment offerings in the "White Tent."

Looking for adventure?

We have a full schedule of optional tours and activities running prior to and during the Grand National Rally:

North Iowa Motorcycle Ride.
    Pilot Knob State Park Bike Ride.
    Rodeo and County Fair.
    Historic Owatonna Tour.
    "Spam Town" USA.
    John Deere Engine Works.
    Alternative Energy Farm Tour.
    WIT Duffers Golf Outing.

We will kickoff the festivities in style.

The whole town will put out the welcome mat and help kickoff the rally with their annual Puckerbrush Celebration complete with community activities, a parade, and fireworks.

Most importantly, you will get the chance to see old friends and make many more new ones! So do not wait, visit www.witclub.com to register today.

John,

We are registered and have reserved a golf cart. We plan to arrive early and take advantage of some early activities. We registered in a 50A spot and sadly will have to commute by golf cart to or yet to be determined state 30A site. We had work done on the coach last year at the rally and had to fend for ourselves during the time the factory had the coach.  Our friends in the Michigan graciously allowed us to co-habit their coach when ours was at the factory for the work being done (another hot temperature rally).  For that reason we chose to reserve a 50A spot. We are currently having the flooring replace at Bradd & Hall in Elkhart Indiana.

I would also like to thank you for the list you have posted.

You're welcome Bill!  Hope you have a great time there, you never know how hot it's going to be in FC - good choice with 50 amp.

We had Bradd & Hall replace our pilot/co-pilot seats a few years ago, they are good folks and very capable.

John

If I get there early can I make an appointment? I emailed my info two days ago, for the ralley, and have not heard from them yet. 

I guess I'll call tomorrow..

When you say first come first served when do you go to the factory for repairs?

Jim W

Thanks forbthebinfo.

Usually the service appointments for the rally time period fill up really fast, so the sooner you get your name in the better. It doesn't mean you won't get an appointment, it may just be on a wait in line basis.

Jim - they stop making service appointments some number of weeks before and I think after the GNR and like Marty says, service is on a first-come first-served basis.  What we usually do is arrive a few days early at the commercial campground in Clear Lake (forgot the name of it), put the jacks down and then I immediately drive to service to sign up for service (they are open from 7a - 4p.)

We usually get in fairly quickly thanks to being several days early.  It's a lot easier to have service performed before or after the rally than during the rally - it's a pain to move the rig from/to rally grounds after the rally starts.

Remember you can only have seven items on your repair list and if you know you will need a part (like a window, fridge, etc.), be sure and call about parts way ahead of time.

Thanks for the info.  Spoke to CS and made our reservations for the GNR, than they switched me over to the Service appointment, had the part in stock, and we plan to get to the rally about 4 days early. Hope that is enough time.

Jim

Back
Top Bottom