rvupgradestore.com Composet Products Fridge Defend
RV Life Magazine RV Park Reviews RV Trip Wizard

Author Topic: Looking for aftermarket parts for an 05 fleetwood providence..  (Read 4835 times)

Stoneman

• ---
Hello I just picked up a 05 fleetwood providence & looking for some stuff, one thing I would like to change are the all the latches to chrome, headlights to clear if possible & a new exhaust tip.

Stoneman

• ---
Re: Looking for aftermarket parts for an 05 fleetwood providence..
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2013, 11:35:43 AM »
I also will be changing out the corion counter tops & putting in granite I will post pics when I do!

Ernie Ekberg

• ---
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2013, 05:06:44 PM »
Hope you don't overload your kitchen slide with the granite.
Ernie Ekberg, Weatherford, Tx
Prevost Liberty Classic XL
www.ernieekbergflooring.net

Gary RV_Wizard

• Forum Staff
  • ---
  • RVer Emeritus
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2013, 05:36:16 PM »
Granite is heavy and all RVs have a weigh budget. Not saying you can't do it, but consider well beforehand.

You may be able to find chrome latches in the style used on your coach. Fleetwood may be able to help and can at least identify the brand and model of latch you have so that you  can shop for a similar one in chrome. Have your FIN (Fleetwood coach Id number)  handy and give their Customer Servce a call.
Gary
--------------
Gary Brinck
Summers: Black Mountain, NC
Home: Ocala National Forest, FL

Stoneman

• ---
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2013, 04:09:15 PM »
I called fleetwood today and asked about the weight and concern of what effect it might have on the slide & they're telling me it shouldn't be a problem, the weight of granite will be around 280LBS & the corion is probable somewhere around 100LBS they just said they try to cut down on the GVWR,
Anyway ill post up some pics when finished!

Just Lou

• ---
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2013, 04:48:24 PM »
I'm a little curious as to why someone would buy a coach in the mid range quality level of the Providence and immediately want to spend the $$ to upgrade the counter tops (especially from Corian® to granite), but maybe the chrome latch requirement is a clue. :-\
'97 Bounder 34V (F53 w/tag), '99 Honda Accord EX

Ernie Ekberg

• ---
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2013, 05:02:33 PM »
Stoneman must be in the hard surface business.

Stoneman

• ---
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2013, 07:04:28 PM »
Hey Just Lou, so what's your point??? I really didn't think I would run into smart asses on an RV forum, why do you feel the need to knock my coach??
I have bought and sold several rigs and just a few touches like a little bling goes a long ways or at least it has worked for me.
I just sold this one a couple weeks ago with granite counters, oh & look at the chrome handles.

« Last Edit: April 09, 2013, 05:31:53 PM by Stoneman »

Stoneman

• ---
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2013, 07:11:20 PM »
Yep Ernie I'm in the solid surface business.

Yeah I'm on other forums and it never fails you have a guy with 5k post knocking some newbie with 6 post, hmmm go figure.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2013, 05:32:21 PM by Stoneman »

Just Lou

• ---
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2013, 07:34:24 PM »
Ease up, stoneman.  There's a lot of difference between that Camelot and the providence, but that wasn't my point.  If the chrome latches were your add on, I doubt seriously you got your money back.  It would be a minute amount, in the scheme of things, even if you did. 

But, hey!! what ever floats your boat.  If bling's your thing, go to it.

Since you seem to only be interested in turning a buck on the providence I can see your point in sprucing it up with the counter tops.  It will be a nice touch.

BTW - I wasn't knocking the providence, it's a much nicer coach than I can afford.  I just question the wisdom of expensive upgrades to an 8/9 year old mid level coach if you are looking to flip it.  What worked on one may not work on another, but let this "smart ass" wish you all the luck in the world.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2013, 07:40:19 PM by Just Lou »
'97 Bounder 34V (F53 w/tag), '99 Honda Accord EX

Stoneman

• ---
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2013, 08:21:01 PM »
Ok it's all good now, :)I just got my panties in a bunch when you called it a mid range quality & the comment about the chrome latches a clue!!??

It's not about flipping as much as it is using & trying out different rigs and selling without taking a huge bath on them, we all know these thing depreciate by the second & trust me I've taken my fair share of hits.

Oh & by the way I owned that Camelot since new & it was just always something going south, the last problem was the damn turbo went out, & then you buy this 9 year old rig & know the history of it & no problems, nothing!
Drives like a dream and my whole family can drive it without feeling intimidated by it, fleetwood makes a really nice coach..

cliston

• ---
« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2013, 07:55:16 AM »
I have a 2006 Expedition and I have called Fleetwood customer service several times with varying success.  I would guess that the latches are made by Tri-Mark.  Mine are.

http://www.trimarkcorp.com

They do sell direct, and I have found them to be significantly less expensive than buying from Fleetwood, but I have no idea if they have chrome latches or handles. I would say you would have better luck contacting Tri-Mark with the model numbers on the latches and going from there.

Ernie Ekberg

• ---
« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2013, 06:14:21 PM »
Stoneman, where are you located? I have coaches coming here for flooring that have asked about counter tops

Stoneman

• ---
« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2013, 08:29:07 AM »
Stoneman, where are you located? I have coaches coming here for flooring that have asked about counter tops
Hey Ernie, I'm from California so unfortunately just a little to far to help ya out, I'm sure you have some shops in that area that can take care of your needs, the deal with granite is that there's two different thicknesses 2cm(3/4") or 3cm(1-1/8") I have been installing the 2cm which is around 12-14lbs per ft so it's not to heavy!
If you have any questions about solid surface please feel free to ask.
Thanks Gary

Stoneman

• ---
« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2013, 08:33:06 AM »
I have a 2006 Expedition and I have called Fleetwood customer service several times with varying success.  I would guess that the latches are made by Tri-Mark.  Mine are.

http://www.trimarkcorp.com

They do sell direct, and I have found them to be significantly less expensive than buying from Fleetwood, but I have no idea if they have chrome latches or handles. I would say you would have better luck contacting Tri-Mark with the model numbers on the latches and going from there.
Thanks for the link & yeah I looked up latches from fleetwood & just the standard black ones run about 53 bucks & I didn't see where the even offered chrome.
Ill check it out..

Ernie Ekberg

• ---
« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2013, 08:19:50 PM »
Hey Ernie, I'm from California so unfortunately just a little to far to help ya out, I'm sure you have some shops in that area that can take care of your needs, the deal with granite is that there's two different thicknesses 2cm(3/4") or 3cm(1-1/8") I have been installing the 2cm which is around 12-14lbs per ft so it's not to heavy!
If you have any questions about solid surface please feel free to ask.
Thanks Gary
Gary- stick around. I'm all about flooring and its great to have you here for what you do. Ernie

terry735001

• ---
« Reply #16 on: May 23, 2013, 11:08:24 PM »
do like i did go to you RV you pull it junk yard   there is one here in FL  i got my RV from there   and all to parts you could need   they have RVs out there from 1980s to 2011s or so