Damaged Corner

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

iowagrl2009

Hello I'm a new poster and I am hoping someone can help me out -

A friend of mine backed into my 2003 KZ Coyote Hybrid TT damaging the front corner,  separated the two corners creasing one side of the fiberglass.  I have a couple questions that I hope someone might be able to answer.  How expensive is this going to be to repair.  The creased fiberglass piece will need to be replaced I assume- It is one piece that runs the width of the lower front of the camper.  Then then of course it will need a new trim piece.  The long side of the camper didn't really get much damage from what I could tell,  a small tear less than an inch long (horizontal).  The other problem is now that its open we can tell that there has been some water getting in -  probably from where the latches hold the bed door up.  Since the bad wood was not discovered until the camper was backed into do you think I am going to have a problem with his insurance?  I am worried that they are going to say that it wouldn't have cracked if the wood below had not been getting wet.  i don't really care if they replace the internal wood, where the water has been coming in,  we can do that part ourself but as far as the exterior goes we wouldn't have a clue on what to do.    I read on here about someone who barely dinged their camper and the insurance wanted to total it out -  does anyone have any experience with this.  We love our camper and would hate to have to total out because of this. 

Back
Top Bottom