Blue Ox Direct to Shackle Mount

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SVTotem

In another forum there was a thread that mentioned Blue Ox has developed an arm end connector that mounts the tow bar directly to the shackle/recovery mounts on aftermarket bumpers. While a proof of concept unit is out there, Blue Ox says they are still a few weeks from having them ready to take orders. A little late for me, but if any of you are thinking along the lines of their current bolt on adapter (that bolts to the bumper) you might wait a few weeks.

Bill - when we were in Montrose a couple of summers ago, I had a 4x4 shop cut off the Roadmaster brackets that would normally be bolted to the frame rails and had them welded to my Ground Pounder Fab bumper.  Worked great and increased my approach angle - the Roadmaster brackets got in the way of rock-crawling (and not serious crawling!)

Right now my biggest problem with the BO adapter mounted to the bumper is walking into them in the garage.  :eek:

I have about a foot of space in front of the jeep to pass through when it is in the garage, and I am not always paying complete attention when I go by. I am usually trying hard to remember why I went into the garage in the first place.  ;D

Changing adapters would save me about two inches and who knows how much skin since I am usually in shorts down here in Florida.

We use the BO bolt on adapters on our ARB bumper, but because the part of the bumper that they are bolted to is recessed from the rest, they don't stick out. I can see where they they could be a real knee getter if they did.

Attachments

• PB1rs.jpg
    PB1rs.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 29
I have the Demco Comander.  The link that came with it would not fit the D ring shackle mount and the adapter that I had would not fit the Demco.  I took the two down to my local weld shop and the cut off the ends of the two and then welded the Democ side of the link to the Warrior Products shackle side.  Works great.

Attachments

• Demco Custome D Ring Adapter.jpg
    Demco Custome D Ring Adapter.jpg
    103.6 KB · Views: 12

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dmac3003
Back
Top Bottom