Why wildlife photographers need long telephoto lenses

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SeilerBird

http://newsfeed.time.com/2013/04/12/vicious-beaver-attacks-and-kills-man-in-belarus/

Here is a story about a guy who saw a beaver on the side of the road and decided to photograph it. The beaver attacked him, bit his leg and he bled to death.

The moral of the story is never ever attempt to photograph a wild animal with your wide angle lens.

>> never ever attempt to photograph a wild animal with your wide angle lens.<<

Unless of course, ...you hang your camera at the end of a twenty foot pole and use a corded or wireless 'snapper-thingy'!  ;D

Gord

On a serious note, I do take into account my age and running speed when photographing wild animals. I basically don't get close enough so that I would have to run if the animal turned on me. I not only rely on a very long lens, I know how to post process my images so I can crop the images and make it look like I was closer than I really was.

Speaking of "he should have used a longer lens"..........see below.

Attachments

• Tom's Camera.jpg
    Tom's Camera.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 87
I wonder if the photographer was lunch or is busy changing his laundry.

gmsboss1 said:
Speaking of "he should have used a longer lens"..........see below.
I was wrong. That is a legitimate photo. Here is the amazing story

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10152269804305542.929748.117291240541&type=1

Tom --

Thanks for the background on that photo.

I got it via email from a friend of our daughter and her husband.  It was a reaction to his seeing a few of the Pelicanlady's apparent close-ups of Yellowstone Grizzlies and her facing down a herd of Bison coming down the road at her.....  safely, of course, courtesy of her 100-400 tele.....

Hope you are still enjoying the wilds of Florida!

Don

Either that or just "restrict their magazines. (...so they won't know what they're doing).  :D  ;D 
We just harvest our Beavers and put them on our nickels.  Can't bit anybody!  ???

Gord  (Canuck)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dmac3003
Back
Top Bottom