12v dash acc socket.(cigarette lighter) not working

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TerryP

Can anyone tell me where the fuse would be for my cigarette lighter socket on 2003 Winnebago Journey 34? Mine will not work ,would like to plug in GPS, and I have checked the fuses under hood. The owners manual does not tell which fuse so I checked all the 10,20,and 30 amp fuses under hood all good. Not really sure what problem is but no power to socket. Would appreciate any help.

Edit by John - changed message icon to Topic Solved

Page 3 (of the pdf) of the Body, 12 Volt Wiring Diagram for your coach shows the cigar lighter connected to a white wire labelled KF and a yellow wire labelled LS.  Per the Wiring Identification Guide KF is a ground (KF / 16/18 WHT COACH BATTERY DISCONNECT RELAY SWITCH --> GROUND) and LS is the power (LS / 12 YEL OVERCURRENT PROTECTION 20A BREAKER TYPICAL,COACH FEED --> GENERAL PURPOSE(BATTERY MODE, RADIO POWER,BATTERY CONDITION)).  Tracing the LS wire you can follow it to page 4 of the same diagram where it connects to a circuit breaker in the front electrical box.  Page 4 of the Front End Wiring Installation for your coach shows that LS is connected to the 15A circuit breaker labelled 'RADIO'.

$60 worth...
My Brave has power to the accessory outlet (cigarette lighter) controlled by the Aux Battery switch.
I couldn't find the fuse, but the trouble shooting tech did at $60/hour.
Switch was in off position which removed power to outlet
Good luck
Bob0

Thanks for the input. I have checked the breakers including the one marked radio and they are all fine.I hate the thought of pulling apart my dash.

FWIW.. here is on man's experience.  The lighter socket is normally connected with a slide-on socket at the rear.
  Well mine (the socket) was loose and fell off.  How to get at the rear of the socket is another story.

Think about how you would replace the entire socket, that may help.

I have a 1999 Adventurer 35C.  On mine the fuse in in the front compartment.  Open your front engine hood and directly back almost center on the firewall is a covered fuse panel box.  Inside you will find the Maxi type spade fuses.  Approximately 3 fuses from the right on the second row shoulod be a 20 amp Maxi fuse.  It operates the Cigar lighter and also the and also the power for the engine test meter.  You can check the fuses with a test light, turn ignition to on, ground the test light, and touch each side of the fuse.  They should all be hot on both sides, if not, the fuse is bad.  I hope this helps you.  I had the exact same problem just a couple of weeks ago.

Ended up pulling dash apart and found that the lighter was not connected, hot or neg. Plunged the wires in and the socket works fine. The dash wasn't bad to pull apart took maybe half hour total. Thanks for all the input.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kstoybox
Back
Top Bottom