Full-timer needing Utah residency advice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rachellizetta

My husband and I are currently based out of California, but we are moving our 'home base' to Utah since my husband's company is based out of there, and we will be living there 6-8 months a year.

Here's our problem: I can't find a mailbox service that doesn't require a 'residential' address to sign up for. We truly don't have any residential address we can use. The mailbox places assure me that it's federal law that I have a residential address, which I know is not the case.

Are there any full-timers out of Utah that have solved this problem and can give me some advice?

(I know I could just use NV, TX or SD; but I want to do the right thing legally - and Utah will be our actual state of residence.)

Thanks for any help!

It's perfectly valid to use the address of the RV or mobilehome park where you're staying as your residence address.

Like a person who rents an apartment, you may or may not continue to reside there once the rental period expires.  But in the meantime, it's your residence.

For that matter, you could open the mail forwarding account using your present address, then update it once you've established another in Utah.

Rachellizetta said:
Even if we probably won't be staying at any one RV park for more than a month?
Go to Utah. Get a spot in an RV park. Now that you have an address you can open a mailbox account. Then don't worry about it when you move. All you care is that you have the mailbox. I doubt the mailbox company is going to use your residential address for anything.

I see 2 problems, one, Utah like Montana may require a "real address".  In MT you have to provide a receipt for a utility bill or some other such item to prove you have a "real address".  And Yes there is a federal law on the requirement, I think it is in the "Patriot Act".  Some states like SD get around it by use of a "real address" that is a RV park or ???

Second, Check the fees you will have to pay on the RV in Utah.  Years ago one of the members here bought a house in Utah and found the annual fees were prohibitive so they sold their MH and I believe went to a trailer of some kind to reduce the fees to something they could live with.  I have lost track of them so can't refer you to them.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
7199michael
Back
Top Bottom