Covering up Screw Holes--Side of Dash

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

conradps

Hey there fellow RV-types!  I had a Sirius radio mounted to the side of the dash in our Class A RV--not important where but now that I have replaced it (we now stream radio instead and like it much better--and it's free!)--we have 2 (actually 4--apparently the installer goofed) screw holes that are visible and ugly.

When I accidentally nipped a small chunk out of my rear bumper, I put a little Good Sam bumper sticker over it and it was perfect!  Maybe there's something I really need that I could stick on, or screw to, that same spot---hmmm, any ideas? 

Pat, Bonnie & Lily The Dog
'04 Itasca Suncruiser 33V--Workhorse
Toad:  '03 Honda Pilot
Blue Ox Towbar and Brake Buddy

...Moving on down the road.

Have you ever seen those little plastic plugs that sort of hide screw holes on everything from appliances to Ikea furniture? They are generaly available at your local hardware store. Either the fastener aisle or the aisle with cabinet and door hardware. Probably only 3-4 colors. won't hurt to drill the hole a little bigger if needed, to fit the smallest plug possible or use a dab of adhesive, in the hole, to fit a smaller one into a larger hole.

Bill

Just replaced my pleated Day/Night shades with MCD which left holes where the tensioners were mounted in the panel below the shades.  Since the holes were small in diameter got silicon the color of the panel and filled each hole.  Used Silicone for vibration.

Hardware Stores have vinyl caps for screws in various colors,  I have on several occasions used them to cover holes by reinserting the screw with the hinged cap on them and then snap them closed. 

If I had some holes in my dash and they were close to me I would mount a Compass.

Have you seen those fake bullet hole pasties? If your dash is beige the countertop silicone sealer is probably a good first try. It may blend in so well you won't see the holes unless you look for them. The plastic plugs will always look like plastic plugs in screw holes. IMHO

Ken

If it's really driving you nuts :mad:, find an upholstry supply house. They have patch kits for doing vinyl/leather repairs. A little technical, but with a good color eye, you can make the sirius seriously disappear.

Is the holes in wood or vinyl, would make a lot of difference.

Here is what you need!  http://www.supercheapauto.com.au/online-store/products/Permatex-Vinyl-Leather-Repair-Kit.aspx?pid=129936#Cross

It sings strains of the 70's Nu Vinyl by K-Tel (As seen on TV)

Hey--great ideas campers--that's why I love this forum!  I'm going to run some of these by the Big Boss and see what she thinks.  Just for fun, maybe the bullet hole stickers?  Compass is a good idea too!  It would be interesting to see if someone could do a really smooth repair on it and make it disappear--that may be worth investigating.

Thanks to all!  Will continue to monitor to see what kind of Crazy A-- ideas pop up!!

Those used car dealers hire guys that specialize in repairing holes in vinyl and leather. I would stop into a dealer and ask for the contact number to the person they use.
They have DIY kits, but the process is a little complicated and you need to mix colors to match yours.
Hope this helps.

Back
Top Bottom