Pet Loss in the Godward Family

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jim Godward

Those who have been around us whether at rallies or individually know of our Siamese cat.  Monty had a heart attack on Friday and died last night.  Time to re-read The Rainbow bridge and reminisce about him.

I also send my thoughts and prayers.  We've never met.  But it doesn't matter.  We have gone through losing a furkid a few times.  It doesn't get any easier.  Take solace in knowing that you gave Monty the best life you could.  Like Marsha mentioned, furkids do become a HUGH part of our lives and there is no way around that.  Just the way it is.

Monty is still with you.  In your memories and in your heart. 

Jim, so sorry to hear about your loss.  I hope there's another special critter in your future.  They need us just like we need them.

So sorry, Jim and Pat.  The downside of loving a pet who loves you back is hurting when the time comes to part.

Margi and Tom

Jim and Pat,

So sorry to hear about Monty.  We remember when Sasha and Monty were doing a little standoff one time on one of our visits.  It is so hard losing your hairy kids because they become a very big part of your family.  Our thoughts and prayers are with you.

Jim and Pat,

When we lose a furry member of the family its just as painful and the loss felt as strongly as if they were human. I am facing this same issue with my K'Yuesh, our Maltese, so I'm right with you on feeling your sorrow.  I hope you find peace in knowing you gave Monty the best life possible.

Linda

When I worked on Jim and Pats' coach, a few years ago, I remember THAT cat- would saunter right around with his tail up and with that cool attitude. In fact, he made such an impression on me that when i came to their home- all I wanted to see was his fuzzy face!! Forget Jim and Pat~-  But- Brenda and I will still stop by the end of May. Love you guys, Ernie

So very sorry about the loss of Monte. I wish I could have met him. Was he an Applehead or Seal point?

Siamese cats are magnificent.

Sending a hug
Stella

Stella said:
So very sorry about the loss of Monte. I wish I could have met him. Was he an Applehead or Seal point?

Siamese cats are magnificent.

Sending a hug
Stella

Yes, He was both.  He was a very dark seal point.  He was a big cat just under 20# and about 26" long without the tail and could reach a door knob, just couldn't open it though.

Ernie Ekberg said:
When I worked on Jim and Pats' coach, a few years ago, I remember THAT cat- would saunter right around with his tail up and with that cool attitude. In fact, he made such an impression on me that when i came to their home- all I wanted to see was his fuzzy face!! Forget Jim and Pat~-  But- Brenda and I will still stop by the end of May. Love you guys, Ernie

Ernie,

We leave for OR about the 15th and probably won't be home till early June.  Would love to see you if you are still around then.

If not, sorry we will miss you but need to be in OR for the new great grand baby and my 80th BD party.  :)

Pat and I went to the shelter this afternoon to see if they had a Siamese cat.  There was one, a female about 6 months old but not yet available for adoption due to some injuries.  We have first right of refusal when she becomes available so we wait.

Jim Godward said:
Pat and I went to the shelter this afternoon to see if they had a Siamese cat.  There was one, a female about 6 months old but not yet available for adoption due to some injuries.  We have first right of refusal when she becomes available so we wait.

This is good.

Sorry for your loss.  Never met your cat, but if he was your cat he had to be cool.  Hoping for good outcome on the adoption.

Sorry to hear of your loss of Monty.  Make sure you move ahead with the adoption.  It really helps fill the void.  Happy travels to you and Pat.

Jim Godward said:

Way to go.....

Back
Top Bottom