The Passing of Jerry Ray

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Betty Brewer

Moderator Emeritus
It is with sadness that I share with you news I received today that long time RVForum member, Jerry Ray  passed away last Friday 4/12 at his home in Palmdale, California

Jerry put up a brave and long fight with  cancer.  His friend Joe Annuzzio told me that  the chemo was working as Jerry's voice kept getting better and better toward the end.  But not  enough.

A memorial service wil be held at  the home of one of Jerry's sons in Palmdale on Friday April 19th. at 11 am.  We are hoping RVForum friends can leave any messages here and that Arlyne his wife ,and kids will be able to see your  messages here.

Jerry's deep voice resonates in my mind along with his hearty laugh.  He will be missed.

I will always recall how Jerry approached his lung cancer diagnosis with hope and optimism.  He was a fighter, non complainer and he shared his greatest fear of cancer was for Arlyne. May she hold up well with the support of her big family both in person and the RVForum Framily she and Jerry shared for  so many (but too short) years.  Hugs to the families!

Jerry was my driving instructor and within  hours of my first lesson I was driving  mountain roads using the Jake break.  He was a fantastic teacher.  And his smile,  who will ever forget it?

Oh, Betty, that is truly sad news!  Jerry and Arlyne were such a neat and nice couple!  They spent two days at our house during our RV Driving School training and we had such a wonderful time with them.  Yes, I'll always remember that laugh fondly.  Thank you for telling us.

Arlyne, we are both so sorry for your loss.  We thought the world of Jerry and will miss him greatly.  Please know that you and your family will be in our thoughts as you go through this very difficult time.

Hugs and love,
ArdraF and JerryF

Sad news. Our thoughts and prayers are with Arlyne and Jerry's family. Everyone here give your partner a hug now.

Wendy and Mike

That is really sad news.  Jerry and Arlyne have been good friends for many years and we have stayed with them or next door in Yuma many times.  Please give our condolences to Arlyne and the family.  I will miss Jerry's emails, it let me know he was still around.

Jerry was one of the good guys and will be missed around the campfire.  We all have lost a friend and teacher.  God Bless  his family.  Our prayers are with them.

Who could ever forget Jerry's patience and good humor.  It takes a special sort of person with a real gift to "re-teach" adults to drive.  I remember meeting him in person in the early days of our RV Forum rallies at Quartzsite.  While he and Arlyne were participating and hosting the RV Driving School get togethers, he took time out to join ours as well.  Our prayers and condolences go out to Arlyne and their family.

Margi and Tom

I will miss him, and the jokes and stories we sent back and forth brought us both laughter. . . 

"Almighty God, we remember before you today your faithful servant Jerry, and we pray that, having opened to him the gates of larger life, you wilt receive him more and more into your joyful service, that he may win with you and all your servants everywhere the eternal victory, through Jesus Christ our Lord."

I just got home and read the sad news. Jerry had many friends here on the forum. Chris and I send our sincerest condolences.

Arlyne and Family,

Peg and I send our sincerest condolences. I knew Jerry both through the Forum and when he worked for Antelope. He will be greatly missed.

We will miss Jerry very much. We did not meet often but, when we did, he and Arlyne were very gracious hosts. The last time we saw them was a couple of years ago when we stayed on their lot for a couple of weeks.

We stayed again this year but, unfortunately, they were not able to join us. We will miss Jerry very much. Please give Arlyne our sincere condolences. Yuma will not be the same without Jerry.

Back
Top Bottom