refurbishing interior of older winnie

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

drgnflyz

Greetings!? We are new to the RV world, decided to pick up an older Winnebago, a 1987 Chiefton, and use it for a year or so to make sure we are suited for camping trips with our 2 young boys.? Love it so far!? Now I want to redo the wallpaper and want to know if anyone has experience?? I am handy with tools and have done wallpaper before-? Am I right in thinking this is do-able or am I opening up a can-o-worms I don't want to mess with?

:D Hi drgnflyz. My wife Sandy has done this twice. Once on our 1988 Coachman Classic and then on our 1993 Gulfstream Crown Regis. She used Washable Kitchen type wallpaper.  ;)

I can't speak from experience, but think there may be a special paper (like the washable kitchen type John mentioned) or paste that can stand up to the extreme changes in temperature and/or humidity you may run into in an RV. A call to one of the manufacturers customer service lines may provide some valuable info.

Good to know- Do you know if she took out all of the cabinets to do the wallpaper?   

drgnflyz said:
Now I want to redo the wallpaper and want to know if anyone has experience?? I am handy with tools and have done wallpaper before-? Am I right in thinking this is do-able or am I opening up a can-o-worms I don't want to mess with?

Dragonfly,
I have never done any wall papering in an RV but I have done lots of it in other places.  I think you could do  it with lots of patience and careful trimming. You would want to use a vinyl wallpaper and vinyl wall paper paste on walls.  You might have to seal the existing wall paper with a wall primer first to make sure it does not lift and leave you with bubbles.

Another option a cousin once did, was to paint over the wallpaper.  Again existing wallpaper would need to be sealed.  Bathrooms or places where it gets steamy will present long term problems of corner lifting but  if you keep glue handy you can just stick it down again.
Betty

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoyL57
Back
Top Bottom