"new" 2012 or 2013 trailer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

drsnell

We are considering upgrading our trailer and are not sure if we should go with a 2012 at quite a discount, or get a 2013 model. I'm of the opinion that 3 years from now there will be little or no difference in their values. Anyone have any thoughts? Floorplans are pretty much identical.

Let the dealer take the hit and save a few bucks! In the long run spending the extra money will do you no good unless there is something you can't live without on the 2013.

Steve

My experience was the same. The 2013 came out right after I bought mine. The MSRP went up in the newer model.

My 2012 is only different in cosmetic things from the 2013, and I actually prefer my upholstery colors and lack of wallpaper border - the 2012 was much more neutral and I put my own touches on it anyway.

Which one are you looking at? and what are the differences from 2012 and 2013? and you should still get the 1 yr warrenty on it even if you buy the 2012?

Sorta mute unless there is a substantial saving on the purchase price. ....... what you save on the purchase, you will at least partially give up on the sale.

VERY few of us buy these things based on the resale value, floor plan and livability are the key components. If you actually factored in the resale value you'd probably never pull the trigger on one.

The only time buying a "last years model" might be a factor is if you think ahead ten years and consider the fact that there are numerous RV parks out there that prohibit rigs in excess of ten years of age. Personally that fact wouldn't have much bearing on my decision to save a considerable amount of fun tickets.

Back
Top Bottom