starcraft antigua electrical issue

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

willow254

hello hoping to get some help with an electrical issue.  i bought a 2006 starcraft antigua 215sso and everything works when i have it plugged in. but when it isnt plugged the only thing that works is the slide out.... no interior lights. i use to have a pop up and you  could switch it from converter to battery. the antigua does this automatically or atleast thats how i understand it from the manual. or am i missing something? this is my second camper im assuming lights. heater should work off the battery?  any help would be greatly appreciated

Sounds like either a fuse on the output side of the converter is bad or the converter itself. The house lights and such will feed off the battery through the converter. Your slide is most likely direct wired to the battery.

I've checked fuses on front of converter they are all good is there a way to test converters? I looked at wire schematic and the slide does look to b hard wired. Its an elixir converter and I read on here that they aren't the best for dry camping. I have Genny but would rather not run it all night. We do a lot of dry camping is there a converter better for that? Thx

You need to figure out just how your interior 12v lighting is wired into the 12v electrical system. It appears your converter is putting out 12v (converting from shore power), so I would not suspect a failure there.  However, battery power isn't reaching the light system.

According to this Elixir Manual, your converter has separate outputs for battery charging and 12v conversion. It may be that the  connection to the battery is broken or badly corroded, preventing battery power from reaching the 12v appliances & lighting. Assuming your slide is seprately wired direct to the battery, that would explain why it works when other things do not.

Thx for the help! There was a fuse  behind a piece of metal (horrible design there), now everything works fine gotta love an easy fix. Thx again

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozgal
Back
Top Bottom