Rise of the Full Moon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jim Dick

Moderator Emeritus
The moon was full last night. I went out with Pancake Bill to try to catch the moon rising over Old Faithful. Unfortunately the timing of the eruption did not coincide with the rise of the moon. ;D I have attached three photos, one of Old Faithful at dusk, another of the moon rising behind the steam from Old Faithful, and one of the sun setting with steam from Castle Geyser.

The photo of the sun setting was taken with my iphone4 using the proHDR app.

Attachments

• _MG_1835.jpg
    _MG_1835.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 66
  • _MG_1860.jpg
    _MG_1860.jpg
    15.3 KB · Views: 73
  • IMG_1341.JPG
    IMG_1341.JPG
    28.4 KB · Views: 69
The more stories we read and pictures we view of Framily travels in the West, the more 'antsy' and excited we become to begin our own adventure; ahh...we depart mid-May. Your photos from Yellowstone are beautiful and we can't wait to experience the place for ourselves.  Really looking forward to meeting both you and Pancake Bill when we arrive late June.  We'll look you guys up and maybe we can share a cold one!

Steve,

I'm glad you are enjoying the photos. We will be looking forward to seeing you. We do a class at the YA Institute beginning 1 July and have to be there by 30 June. Hope we don't miss you.

We actually arrive at our Yellowstone's Edge cg (North Entrance) on the 21st; have set up a tour of Yellowstone leaving from Mammoth Springs hotel on the 23rd. Leaving time in between for exploring park on our own, so hopefully it will work out to catch up with y'all before!  Keep posting the pictures...they are just too beautiful.

Steve & Linda,

Thanks on the pictures. Hopefully, you will get a lot of your own. :) Sounds like we might be able to make a connection.

Back
Top Bottom