Where is your first trip and when do you leave

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Can't wait to camp

Hi all I think I am driving my Husband CRAZY :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: as this is all I can talk about.... ::) ::) ::) so instead of talking to him about it I thought I would bring it to you guys....
So when is your first trip for the year? and where?

we are going the May long weekend (actually pick up our new trailer that weekend), and we are going to Sibbald point in Ontario (where we live). I am so excited that with out the clothes I am basically packed :D :D :D
anyways I wish you all a safe and happy summer of lots of camping

Congratulation! I fell your excitement. Get out in your area and learn some of the ins and out about your unit and afterward hit the road on longer trips. Makes me want to "hit the road" also.

New TT should arrive any day.  First trip is memorial weekend at Wild River State Park, Mn.  I'm like a little kid the night before Christmas.

If the new MH is in on time, Memorial Day weekend we drive 8 hours to pick it up.  We'll be half way to our son's in Cape Cod, so  thst's our first stop.  Then, if all goes well it  is on to Acadia Natinal Park in Maine...

We just returned from our 2nd trip of the year! We spent a week in Asheville savoring the local arts and craft scene. We even brought the warm weather back to Michigan with us. Our next is a rally next weekend with the FMCA knights of the Highway. Get busy and take a trip.

Our 1st trip of the year begins in 3 weeks when we head out West. The trip inludes a visit ti MagnaShade in NC for wi dshield shade install, onto Loretta Lynn's  Ranch in TN over Memorial Day, Crater of Diamonds State Park in Arkansas, OK City in OK, Amarillo, TX, then on to Albuquerque, NM. From there we're headed to the Grand Canyon in AZ, NV, UT, ID, Yellowstone (MT, WY), Rushmore, Custer, and Black Hills in SD, then start the trip home through MO, IL, OH, KY, WVA, and back home to SC. This will be our 3rd major adventure and we are VERY anxious to get started!

I'm chomping at the bit for the second trip of the year & second in new popup.  I'm going up to Murphy, NC to ride on retty little mountain roads as soon as there are three days without rain forecast up there.

We just returned from our second trip of the year, a brief 4 day visit to the Tampa area to attend an RV rally at Lazydays.  Our next one will be May 28th when we will leave to spend the summer in Maine, in the Bar Harbor area. Like you, we are anxious to get on the road again and already have the coach pretty much packed except for last minute stuff.

Thanx for all the place idea guys more places to add to the list of places I would like to go... we already have next year (as long as everything goes as planned) planned we are hoping to Newfoundland and PEI if my hubby can get three weeks off maybe Manitoba!!! I am so excited to go and give my kids great memories. That's what this is about right? and well I honestly love it just as much as they do... ;)

Our first trip of the year was in Jan. to Quartzsite, Ariz. for the big RV rally.  We pretty much camp year around.

I can relate to your excitement though....totally understandable.  Congratulations on the new trailer.  Look forward to your report of your first trip.

JC

Going to Garner State Park in Texas Mothers Day Weekend.  Had too many things going on this year so we're getting a late start.  Can't wait!!!

Robin

We're off to Pine Valley, UT on Memorial Day Weekend as a shakedown cruise for our first BIG adventure beginning June 13, 2013 (hmm, I just noted the numbers on the dates...good thing I'm not superstitious).

Our first BIG adventure in our new motor home will take us to South Lake Tahoe, California's Gold Country (Coloma, CA), Oregon's Southern Coast and the Rogue River area, then to Roseburg to see family and friends for a few days, and back home...18 days total. This will be our first extended vacation in our married lives...being the workaholic I was during my career in construction, I failed miserably in the vacation department...

We just got back home from a 4 day outing to a state park only 50 miles from home. It was our shakedown cruise. All systems were functioning as they should!

We leave the first of June for 2 months, first the Black Hills, then to Gillette, WY for a Beaver Ambassador Club Rally at the same site as the FMCA 88th annual Family Reunion (BAC is volunteering as security there). Then to Cody, WY for a base to explore the eastern half of Yellowstone, then to W Yellowstone, MT for a base to explore the western half of Yellowstone, then to Victor, ID for a base to explore the Grand Tetons, then to Brigham City, UT for a base to explore Salt Lake City, and to see the Promitory Point (I'm a railfan). From there back to Cheyenne, WY to take in a few days of Cheyenne Frontier Days. We have tickets to the rodeo and bullriding. This will be our longest trip, time-wise, to date. Home by the end of July!

Our first trip was to Quartzite with the forum group. Then we made it up to Death Valley Ca. over to Las Vegas. Worked our way down to Yuma for the dirt track Nationals then on to Fort Davis  and back to our home area.
  We are on our second trip of the new year. We started From Lake Conroe Tx. on to Arrowhead State Park for 2 Nights. Then to Caprock Canyon for 3 nights and some geocaching. We then went to Palo Duro Canyon for 5 nights. We are now on our 3rd day in Santa Fe NM. After we see everything we can we will head to Albuquerque to meet up with the Dodds. Then on to Moab to meet up with the forum group May 12-19th for some off roading. From there on to Alsaka. Don't have any plans or reservations will know when we get there. Life is good!

Our first trip was to Tucson in January to visit with friends from Texas. Our summer plan "was" to begin in late April heading to Pella, IA and Holland, MI for their Tulip Festivals. This plan was thwarted by doctors who diagnosed prostate cancer. Now, Our summer travels will begin in early June after the 9-week radiation schedule.

We plan to visit Elkhart, IN and the Cherry Festival in Traverse City, MI among other locations in the midwest - after that, a slow trip through Kentucky on the way to Dallas and a visit to the new George W. Bush library. (Anything to beat the desert summer heat of Phoenix, AZ)  ;)

RedT said:
Our first trip was to Tucson in January to visit with friends from Texas. Our summer plan "was" to begin in late April heading to Pella, IA and Holland, MI for their Tulip Festivals. This plan was thwarted by doctors who diagnosed prostate cancer. Now, Our summer travels will begin in early June after the 9-week radiation schedule.

We plan to visit Elkhart, IN and the Cherry Festival in Traverse City, MI among other locations in the midwest - after that, a slow trip through Kentucky on the way to Dallas and a visit to the new George W. Bush library. (Anything to beat the desert summer heat of Phoenix, AZ)  ;)
Red T
If you are already in Traverse City, a short trip to Sault Ste. Marie would be fun.
watch the big boats go through the locks
There is a small campground on the St. Mary's River. Very peaceful and cool in the summer.

Please be careful about listing your trips before you go on here or any social media outlet. The less than savory element of our society uses these outlets to find targets.

JiminDenver said:
Please be careful about listing your trips before you go on here or any social media outlet. The less than savory element of our society uses these outlets to find targets.
VERY good advice; especially for those that divulge all their info; Real Names, Home Location, Long Trips, blogs with location details,  vacant house info, etc.....
That being said, our first of the year will be about 20 miles from the house over Memorial Day mudding the ATV's in my sig---Breaking in the DW's new Rhino!!
I got house sitters and watchers---neither dials 911??lol

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
7199michael
Back
Top Bottom