RV'ing in Australia

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Does anyone on the Forum know of a similar forum in Australia - we're going there in December for three months to drive that big blacktop road that goes all the way round the country, and need as much advice as we can get, particularly about the rains in the  Northern Territory.  I've tried a couple of their forums but they are not active - and certainly not anything like as busy as this one.

Terry

Hi Terry,

Sounds like a great trip. You could try emailing Ian Loxton, a long-time RV Forum member and wannabe RVer living in Australia. Go to his profile here and click on the 'envelope' icon beneath his avatar.

Got the message. Cant help you for Forums, once I found this place back in '96 or '97 I didn't need to look elsewhere for somewhere to hang my hat LOL

I don't have any physical RV, mine is just a Virtual Dream right now, but I do have relatives and good fiends in Darwin if that is any help to you.

One of my friends up there is a long distance Road Train driver so his experience of the conditions up there would probably eclipse most of the RV crowd ;)

Another relative regular runs tourist bus runs around the area so perhaps he might be of assistance?

Thanks Tom, and nice to see your face again Ian - we met in Adelaide a few years ago - we'd come in from Sydney on the Indian Pacific and you saw us off on the Ghan to Darwin - am I right - your beard has grown a bit since then.  Your truckie friend can certainly give us some help.

Terry

You're welcome Terry. I'd forgotten you'd met Ian.

Congratulations on publishing the book. IIRC you were trying to get acceptance when you were here, or was that a different book?

Same book Tom, I seem to remember discussing it with you and Chris when you took us out on your boat.  I gave up trying to get it published after ten rejections, but then I was contacted last November and it snowballed from there.  Thanks for the support from the Forum members - s great bunch of guys.

Terry

Hello from New Zealand. We are retired and full time motorhomers here in New Zealand plus we spend a few months each year in Australia.  A very handy Australian RV online forum is www.caravanersforum.com  and the most popular New Zealand RV  online forum is www.nzmotorhome.co.nz  :)

a few more sites are:  www.goseeaustralia.com.au, www.thegreynomads.com.au and www.discoverdownunder.com.au.  These all have forums as well as travel information. 

Diane and Bert

Back
Top Bottom