"Bad" ECU code in ECU on 5.9ISB equipped Road Master Chassis

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

townwgn

I had the misfortune of having my 2001 32' Holiday Ambassador DP just quitting on the road twice.

It has the 260hp 5.9ISB engine with an Allison T1000 transmission and 22k miles on the engine/chassis.

We initially though it was bad/clogged fuel filters.  They were replaced and the engine fired of and ran with no apparent problems.

15mi down I90 and a few jars & bumps later the "problem" came back.  It was towed to The Powershop in Enumclaw WA (thanks AAA!  Don't leave home w/o AAA RV Premium).

The main man at The Powershop, Chuck Arnold, told me that the code in the ECU was one that said the ECU was bad.  The engine is now running fine with no work being done on the engine.  I HATE INTERMITANT PROBLEMS.

They are going to reseat all plugs/connectors to and from the ECU to see if that it was a contact issue. 

My question is has any other DP MH with Commins ISB engines had similar intermittent issues with the ECU? 
If so what was done to resolve the problem?

Thanks,
Mike
[/color]

While an ECU can indeed go bad, it is pretty rare. I think an intermittent connection on the wiring hardness is much more likely, maybe causing the ECU to have a nervous breakdown as well. I had a bad contact on a wire harness that feeds my Allison transmission controller last summer, and it drove me nuts until it failed solid enough to find.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CampMike2270
Back
Top Bottom