Weird question: WA State Patrol

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So this is an odd question but has anyone on this forum had any experience getting the RV inspected through the Washington State Patrol? We have filed for a lost title for our RV and were told by the licensing department that if it comes back to us, we will have to take our RV down to the State Patrol to have it inspected. It will have to pass in order to get it transferred into our name. I'm kinda worried it won't pass. Does anyone know the qualifications for it to pass?

They will mostly just verify the vin and make sure it's road worthy with regard to brakes etc.

I've been thru it twice. There are "hidden" places that they will confirm your VIN, check all the lights, windows, etc. for any unsafe items. It's not as bad as it sounds. They just want to make sure you didn't get a stolen vehicle and that it's safe to take on the road.

You already know that there are certain places that you'll need to take your rig to, not every office can/will do the necessary inspection. Be sure to double check that you have all the correct paperwork in order and that you look like you've spent the time to bring what you need.

Ken

.I can only speak of the procedure in Michigan.. It's not "The Police" that do the inspections, it is indivigule police officers who have been certified over and above regular officers by the department of motor vehicles (Secretary of State in Mi).

I would suggest your first call or web visit be to DMV and see if there is a list of specific officers who do the inspection.

In Michigan those officers may charge a fee.. Said fee is set by law.

Here in Washington it's the state patrol that does it, that's been verified not only by the department of licensing but also on the WA state patrol's website. I had looked up the inspection information before on there but the information provided talked specifically about vehicles (personal or commercial). I was just curious who had gone through with an RV so I knew ahead of time what the added things they would check would be. There's only one office that checks in my county, that's listed on the site. So basically I've just gotta start working on stuff and hopefully one day soon I can bring it down.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dmac3003
Back
Top Bottom