Internet access while traveling in Canada

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JudyJB

I have a Verizon wireless hotspot, but if I go into Canada the roaming charges are similar to those of cell phones--absolutely outrageous.  I think it worked out to something like $250 Canadian for 10 megabytes of data.  I work part-time while on the road and need to be online about 2-3 hours per day, and I normally use 2 gigs of data per week. 

Does anyone know if it is possible to buy some sort of internet access card I could insert like a flash drive into my laptop where I could purchase a certain number of gigs of data? Sort of a pay-as-you-go system??

I own a pay-as-you-go cell phone that I bought in the UK and can fill up with minutes extremely cheaply, so it seems like I ought to be able to do something similar with data in Canada. 

Hi Judy,

I just traveled to Canada last year on the way to Alaska, and had the same internet issues that you are talking about.  Here is a link to a blog that wrote here on the forum where the internet solution is described in detail.  It is the first entry on the blog, and the internet solution is described about half way down.  http://www.rvforum.net/SMF_forum/index.php/topic,54670.0.html

The card worked out very well for us, at a fraction of the cost of using my Verizon service while in Canada.  I am also selling the card now in the classified section of the forum if you are interested.  ww.rvforum.net/SMF_forum/index.php/topic,57377.msg528399.html#msg528399

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kstoybox
Back
Top Bottom