12 Years of Traveling with Our Present Class 'B' !!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Len and Jo

I have posted a slide show on the RV Forum travel section showing many of the trips we have taken on the past dozen years with our custom conversion van.  We have had great times and hope to have many more.  Since it is a class 'B' I am also posting the 10 minute slide show here for the RV Forum "Van Conversions" section.  If you watch the show you will note that the van did evolve over the years.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UMIf17CzdZo

Have good travels

So less is more.  ;D

Gives me hope.....with that plus the fulltimers we met that have a 16' Casita gives us hope for full timing in our 27' Fox Mountain.

Nice travel show.  I retired (again) the first of April.  Waiting (again) on the wife to retire so we can go out longer than weekends or a couple of weeks at a time. 

Not enough band width to watch the whole show, but it looks like you two have had a blast! Where do you keep your washer/dryer in that rig?...just kidding!

Wishing you many more years of wonderful travel!

-Roni

The washer and dryer are in the lower level - the cellar right next to the wine storage room.

Hi Len and Jo,

Great video and only problem with watching it, I now want to go to some of those places you have visited  :)

It's obvious that you folks have had many great trips that some of us can only dream of. Will try to follow in your path and hope to be able to meet up with you kind people some day soon. I am still a couple of years out from retirement and getting out of the stresses of work.

Thanks for taking us along on your voyages!!!

Loved the show!

May I ask if your B came with the washer/dryer or did you genius it out?
I'll be traveling solo, but can't do without a w/d.

Think you might need a large 'C' or a Class 'A' to get a washer /dryer.  No we do not have either.  We do have enough room in our 'B' to be able to carry several weeks worth of clean clothes.  So going single you might consider taking a month plus of clean clothing with you.

Len and Jo said:
Think you might need a large 'C' or a Class 'A' to get a washer /dryer.  No we do not have either.  We do have enough room in our 'B' to be able to carry several weeks worth of clean clothes.  So going single you might consider taking a month plus of clean clothing with you.

As always another great travel video of your adventures. I've enjoyed them all. As for the washer and dryer situation ... I travel in the Class B  Sprinter chassis. Granted I travel alone but I can easily take enough clothes to last a month and when they run out you stop at a laundromat and are ready to go for another month.

Hope you both have many years of happy and safe travels.

Also ... Len ... wonder if you have every travelled to any of the B-Rallies through RV.NET. They just held their 10th Anniversary Rally in Michigan and I attended for the first time. Had a great time and met some great people. All Class B owners. Would love to meet you Jo. I am not normally a campground kind of guy, but with this group I have made an exception. Lots of fun and good times.

Washer/dryer....... no problem...........

Here's your washing machine:
http://www.amazon.com/The-Laundry-Alternative-Wonderwash-SpinDryer/dp/B002C8HR9A

Here's your drier:
http://www.amazon.com/Mini-Countertop-Dryer-Clothes-Portable/dp/B002HT0958/ref=pd_bxgy_la_img_y

I had the washing machine on my yacht for many years. I bought mine in New Zealand and it was all stainless steel. It was amazing. Of course, it wouldn't wash a lot of clothes at a time (maybe 5 shirts or 3 pair of pants) but man did it get them clean.

I later bought one of these plastic versions for camping. It's not nearly as sturdy and one would need to be very carful cranking so that the handle doen't break.

I've never tried the dryer but have known people that use them on their boats all the time.

have not followed RV.net.  Might give it a try.  Sorry we missed the Michigan Rally.

I really enjoyed the slide show, too. Now I can't wait to hit the Alasakan roads, too.

I see you added the pop top to your van. Isn't it wonderful to be able to stand up instead of bending over all the time?!
For years I travelled in a beautifully converted cargo Dodge van (I love the woodwork you put into yours), only to have the exterior eventually rust away. Then 2 yrs ago I came across the Ford Falcon. At first I thought it had too many bells and whistles (indoor plumbing, heat, etc) but now I'm so glad I bought it... I can't live without it!

Good to see you bring your family (kitty cat) with you!
Lynne

Back
Top Bottom