winnebago Customer Service Center - Forest City

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

yoda2405

Our timing is perfect. Arrived last weekend to warm weather a bit windy but nice temps until yesterday! Now we sit here with Customer Service closed due to the most snow they have received in May for 40 years, 11" and stilll falling. These rigs are not made for this type weather!
Did find out my furnace still does not work, so they get to try again.
Trying to stay warm!

Attachments

• 2013-05-02 06.23.12.jpg
    2013-05-02 06.23.12.jpg
    197.1 KB · Views: 73
  • 2013-05-02 06.23.12.jpg
    2013-05-02 06.23.12.jpg
    197.1 KB · Views: 63
  • 2013-05-02 06.24.13.jpg
    2013-05-02 06.24.13.jpg
    166.8 KB · Views: 97
WOW, you have my sympathy. Been a very cold spring here in SW Michigan until this past week when spring is finally showing it's arrival. Watching the weather closely, it seems what you are experiencing will miss us to the north. Hope it blows over quickly for you.

We had service there a few years ago in October - about 0630 am, the wind was blowing 20 mph, snow flurries and we were getting the coach ready to take to service.

Not a good time for your LP furnace to not work  :p

Just added a couple pics, one added twice not sure why.
The frunace kinda works, it comes on runs, cycles off and on a few times as set temp is reached and coach temp falls, but after a few hours decides it is tired and stops working. Thermostat has been changed and they changed the control board yesterday but it did the same thing last night.
We planned to be out of here  by the weekend, but with them being shut down today and the furnace still acting up - we may be here until next week.
Wife is not a happy camper!

Staying warm - thanks for electric heaters!

As a side note, before the weather turned bad we had our coach weighed at the local farmers coop here in Forest City for $3 for four corner weight. If any of you are here that is the cheapest I have experienced. Also filled up the LP for $2.55/gallon at the coop. Cash only.

E. J Street and N. West Street. Just 1 block off Hwy 69. You can see the silos from Hwy 69.
The snow is melting pretty good, but chance of more this evening.

It looks like a beautiful spring day! 

I was down to Forest City on March 18th and 19th.  It snowed and got down to -2 the three nights I was there.  I grateful my furnace was working properly!

The Coop/Elevator sits between Bill's Foods and the Casey General Store to the south.  Easy in and out if you need propane.  The "Cash Only" caught me off-guard.  I'm glad I had enough money with to pay the gentleman.

Enjoy this nice weather we're having!

Snowing some more this morning.
Service Center is open so had to get the ladder out to clear the snow from the slide toppers to close the MH up for moving to service bay - what fun!
Went to move the Jeep and the heater in it stopped working. Local Jeep dealer fixed pretty quickly. Bad connector on blower motor - what fun we are having.

Lots of fun there during the snow (which is the kind of fun I'd much rather have done without) other than the fact the snow delayed my coach getting worked on by one day leaving it all to be done Friday.  Always hate work done on Fridays as everyone is thinking more about the week-end than the job they are doing then no time left in the week for any corrections.

Have they got your furnace working yet?  I thought I might have been in trouble as I arrived there last week-end with 1/2 tank of propane and couldn't get out for the snow - but managed with electric spot heaters.

Wagonmaster2 said:
Always hate work done on Fridays as everyone is thinking more about the week-end than the job they are doing then no time left in the week for any corrections.

My coach has a build date of 5/25/2012, the Friday before the three-day Memorial Day weekend, and I've found a couple QC things that easily proves your statement.

The furnace quit one time since they worked on it. They let it run all day Friday to the tune of a half tank of LP and said it never quit. I used it the next night and it did not quit for me either, so maybe the one time was a fluke and they got it.

I agree with your thought about their missing Thursday and working double time on Friday to get everyone gone, seems they got a bot careless with a couple tiems, but I feel like I can take care of their shortcomings - more cosmetic than mechanical or functional.

We are sitting in Badlands National Park at the moment going to Custer State Park from here then on to Yellowstone, so we will have opportunity to check out the furnace - regretfully. Looks like a cold front will hit us in Custer and Yellowstone dropping below freezing a few days.

Happy Travels,

They let it run all day Friday to the tune of a half tank of LP and said it never quit.

Hopefully it cycled during that time, as it should, and restarted each time as requested by the thermostat.... If not, I'll bet it got real hot in the coach.

But that is good news anyway and hopefully your troubles are behind you.

What little the furnace has run it seems to be working normally, so keeping fingers crossed.
On another note, left The Badlands going to Custer and check engine light came on, so we are now sitting in the only Freightliner dealer in the area in Rapid City, SD waiting on them to check the cause for the check engine light.
I sure hope it has nothing to do with the 1 year/15,000 mile service I had Winnebago perform while we were there last week. I would be extremely disappointed if it does.
So not sure when they are going to get to us, they talked like they would get right on it, but that has been over 3 hours ago, so I guess it depends on how you define right on it!

Happy Travels,

David:
You can determine the engine fault code from your LBCU - aka the digital display in the dash. Download the operators manual from the Freightliner CC website for detailed instructions. Once you have the code, call the Freightliner Customer Help line (7/24) and they will tell you what it is. If it is an engine code, they will refer you to the Cummins line for assistance. Then, with their advice, you can determine your next steps. Best to do it while in the Coach as they need the complete details on the code. Was in a similar situation in March and did this. Getting the code is not difficult but not forgiving if you make the wrong move but you have to backtrack - simple with the instructions in your hands.

After my earlier post I remembered that from my Freightliner class, so I pulled the class book and got the code. Freightliner interpreted the code to a Cummins code and the description was an irregular ammonia level in the SCR. The Freightliner dealer called Cummins and they gave them a series of tests to run, they began them this afternoon but did not complete. So we are sitting in their parking lot in the coach until the AM when they will complete the tests. So far it has not failed any test, so they are scratchng their heads.
Hope we get some definite closure on this tomorrow as we have many miles to go on this trip and do not want this nagging in the back of my mind.
Sitting in Rapid City SD and ready to keep going.

Safe Travels

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skibumbob
Back
Top Bottom