Mini Rally in Camp Verde

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Alaskansnowbirds

Site Team
There was a mini rally in Camp Verde. Went out to dinner last night and breakfast this morning.
It was great seeing the Weimerts and Brewers again.

Attachments

• 2013-05-02 rally.jpg
    2013-05-02 rally.jpg
    165.4 KB · Views: 81
Let's see, we've been on the road less than 19 hours and have already had 2 food events as part of this leg of life's adventures.  It 's going to be hard to make my May weigh in at Weigh****chers.  Must walk today about 250 miles I think .  Having fun in this wind north east of Flagstaff. 

So to add to the "misery" we stopped at the Monument Valley Visitor Center and Frank and Barb unhooked their Jeep and we  headed up to the restaurant at Gouldings.  The 4 of us ate  Indian Fry  bread tacos for  a late lunch.  So now we've had 3 food events in 24 hours.  Terry ordered a green chili stew to go.  I'm " off the hook " for dinner tonight.  Lovely view here at Gooseeneck State Park .  Like a Post card.

Thank you, Don.  We just have to get in your vicinity which we rarely do!  ;)

Betty, why am I not surprised that you all had Indian Fry Bread at Gouldings???  Was that an early birthday lunch for Terry?

Looking forward to seeing you all at Moab.

ArdraF

ArdraF said:
;)

Betty, why am I not surprised that you all had Indian Fry Bread at Gouldings???  Was that an early birthday lunch for Terry?

No on his  birthday he is going to Denny's in Moab for  their  Grandslam breakfast on them! Dinner  will be the Mexican feast provided by the FMCA 4 wheeler group.  His real birthday dinner will be later in  the week at a restaurant of his choosing. Life is rich and full.

Is he gonna order the healthy options on his Grandslam ?

Goosenecks for the night, not Monument Valley ?

Have fun in Moab. Hopefully the wind is done for awhile.

Wendy

Wendy said:
Goosenecks for the night, not Monument Valley ?

Monument Valley Indian campground is still closed and  when we asked there seemed to not be any answer of a timeline or even if a new campground was being developed.  There is a dry camp  parking lot on the way in for $10.  But it  has no special view ar anything .  Gooseneck is beautiful, free and no wind.  High today in low 70's.  I doubt he will order healthy options with his birthday breakfast.

Goosenecks is beautiful. Visited but never stayed overnight. Some day, some day.

I decided to order healthy and had the chicken sausage instead of bacon or turkey bacon and then looked it up and it was more WW points than either bacon.

Shrimp and salad for dinner. Gotta get back on WW.

Wendy

We agree Jim.  We wish we were there too.  It is always a special time when we visit Don and Peg.  We are hoping that they will come and visit our new place next winter.

Ken,

Ok, that's enough!  ;D ;D We really enjoy our visits to Peg's campground and it's really neat that it is on our way north and south of Yellowstone!  :) You just can't find a better place to stay!

Yes it is Don.  We just spent a couple of delightful days with Russ. 

Daisy

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
7199michael
Back
Top Bottom