Our startup costs for full timing

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
GR 'Scott' Cundiff said:
As the primary drive and primary computer person I would need my darling wife to pick up the pace on one or the other.

I solve that problem by doing the spotting in the trip planning phase and pick my suspects. As I roll up (and I have rolled up on a pump jam and aborted) if they are different than anticipated, I roll on. Always have an alternate, another flying trick.  8)

I've now posted an expense summary of our first three months of fulltiming.  You'll find it by visiting our blog, listed in my sig line and then searching for the tag "budget."  I hope this information is helpful to others who are considering the fulltime lifestyle.  So far, we're having a blast!

Why not post that info here? That's what many of us have been doing for 20 years.

Tom said:
Why not post that info here? That's what many of us have been doing for 20 years.

Because if I find an error or want to add some information or decide I want to delete it I have complete control over it because it is on my own web site.

Just post it after you've proofed it and fixed the typos. Meanwhile, we can provide editor privileges to our forum library, and have done so for several members  ;)

Tom said:
Just post it after you've proofed it and fixed the typos. Meanwhile, we can provide editor privileges to our forum library, and have done so for several members  ;)

Tom, that's a nice offer but I didn't mention that I've linked to it on 3 forums and 2 facebook groups.  Better to have it posted in just one place so it's easier to keep up with than in 5 places.

Really, I'm not just trying to drive traffic to my blog.  It has no advertizing on it, so I'm not just out fishing for blog hits.  At the same time, we are blogging our adventure and spending a lot of time taking, editing, and posting photos as well as writing reviews and other RVing information.  I'd like to think that people who find the link here on this great forum will (1) consider the announcement and link to such information as something that makes this forum even more valuable to them and then (2) might decide our blog in general is worth bookmarking and visiting once in awhile.

Will your blog be around in 20 years, as we have  ???

It's hard to believe that we've just finished our first 6 months as fulltimers.  We are loving this lifestyle!  As we move toward cooler weather, we are planning on staying in our home area, Houston, TX for 5 or 6 months before beginning another adventure.  If anyone is interested they are welcome to check out our 6 month expense report on our blog, listed in my signature.  Overall, we're pleased with where we stand, although we've been hit with several significant repair/maintenance expenses like tires, batteries, etc. over the past few months. 

I've just posted our 2013 traveling fulltime expenses wrap up.  Had it not been for several unexpected maintenance/repair expenses it would have been a pretty good year.  As it is, though, we're pretty satisfied and came surprisingly close to my original budget.  You can see it on our blog which is linked in my signature below - right now it's the first post, but if you find this post later on, just click on "budget" in the word cloud on the right side of the page.

Your blog...reminds me of something I want to make sure we do.  Whether public for everyone to see, or just a family journal.  We would be doing this with our two kids as a family adventure.

Also...just a suggestion, horizontally pad your images with 5px or 10px so the text doesn't run into them.  ;)

dante2004 said:
Your blog...reminds me of something I want to make sure we do.  Whether public for everyone to see, or just a family journal.  We would be doing this with our two kids as a family adventure.

Also...just a suggestion, horizontally pad your images with 5px or 10px so the text doesn't run into them.  ;)

Thanks for the comments!  Much appreciated.  I'll try to remember to pad the photos - I'm not doing the HTML so it's an extra step - but, I agree, it would be worth doing.

Back
Top Bottom