1998 Adventurer 32WQ questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sitnfat

Found this rv within an hour of home. Original owners well maintained. I am curious as to what y'all think is a fair price. I know it needs 2 new tires and a front air bag. I found no leaks it's nice and clean. It does have 70,000 miles on the 454 but runs good and mechanically I can handle what ever it while ever need. The gen set has 60hrs and would not start just spins over so I couldn't test the ac units. The owner will be fixing that this week. It also has a brand new Norcold fridge freezer. He is asking 15000 but said price is negotiable. I know I am going to have to go around and recaulk everything but it looks like anytime something needed fixing or maintenance it was done. Just wondering what you more experiance owners would offer  Thanks

You are getting into the vintage where condition is everything and the price variable. NADA RV guide says a 98 32WQ is worth $13,090-$15,770 and that's a reasonable range if the condition is decent.  Arm yourself with the RV buyers checklists from the RV forum library and start checking her out. If the condition checks out and the seller will fix the generator (he may be shocked at the cost, though), I would try to buy it around $13,500-$14,000. If he holds out for the full $15,000, you will have to decide if the condition warrants it.

Your major risk is engine and tranny problems. If you can handle some or all of that, the rig is probably a good buy if the house is in good condition. Oh, and check the tire date codes on each tire too. Age trumps apparent condition.

I think it is a reasonable price, but I wouldn't give him $15,000 unless he replaced the air bag and tires. I think $13,000 would be a reasonable offer, but if it is truly clean and every thing is there, I might go the $15,000.

If this year had a Motoraid, be sure that it works and the fan works on BOTH speeds.
I had to replace mine because I didn't know what it was when I bought it and never tested it.
Let us know how you make out.
Thanks.

We bought our 33' Adventurer (Ford Chassis with 19K miles) in Feb. I made a list of everything that needed to be fixed and priced it. I went over the list with the seller and they came down that amount. My list was nearly $10K.

The owner had looked up the NADA price and listed the coach accordingly. However, they were ready to sell because they had a new coach ready to be delivered.

My point is, you don't owe the seller anything. Don't be shy about taking the time to do your due diligence (if you really like the coach) and make a reasonable offer based on what you discover.

If a buyer looks at a seller's coach and after 10 minutes, makes an offer for 1/2 of what the seller is asking, the seller will be insulted (in most cases) because the prospective buyer is just another "looki-loo. On the other hand, if the prospective buyer invests the time to do due diligence, that puts an obligation on the seller to take the offer more seriously and at least make a counter offer or enter into negotiations. It's all in the way that one approaches the seller as to whether the seller takes the offer seriously.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoyL57
Back
Top Bottom