FMCA 4-Wheeler rally - Moab Utah

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Betty - I'll get the threads merged (I hope  :D.)  Yup - had a productive day off - got a new CB radio installed (maybe #3 will be the charm.)  Anxious to get Rubi fixed tomorrow.

Mile - weather looks good starting Friday for several days, you are one lucky guy.

Terry - Tony wasn't at the Golden Vally, AZ rally last Thanksgiving, so I have no idea of how many 4-Wheeler events he does.  He has an amazing YJ and it's always fun to hear him drive it through the campground with the LS V-8 engine rumbling, it was nice to meet and chat with him (he noticed our Genright aluminum fenders and side armor.)

First video finally uploaded of Tony doing the extreme Widowmaker obstacle on the Metal Masher trail.  Due to the rain (there was a pool of water at the base of the climb), it was necessary to do the obstacle with a winch line, but it was still exciting to watch.

That was with a good rear locker  :D!  Just back from Moab Outpost and instead of installing a factory replacement, I'm buying a new G2 replacement axle with an ARB locker for another kilobuck in parts. I'm hoping they can get us going by end of day, but probably not.

Attachments

• NewG2Axle.jpg
    NewG2Axle.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 26
  • NewG2AxleClose.jpg
    NewG2AxleClose.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 22
Thanks Betty!  Travis of M4O brought me back so I'm good for today.  Not sure if I'll get my Rubi back today or not, we lead 7 Mile Rim tomorrow  :eek:.  Trying to come up with alternate plans.

NWS is showing 20% rain for tomorrow and 0% after that.

Ernie n Tara said:
Friday shows a 40% chance of rain. No rain predicted after that.
Ernie

Fantastic.  I am glad to hear you guys got all of the rain.

Mike.

Beautiful morning here in Moab, zero percent chance of rain today and for the next few days, we lead 7 Mile Rim trail today.  The Jeep was ready at 8 PM last night, Steve and an employee stayed three hours past quitting time to get us back on the trail  :) - those guys are wonderful!

We had a storm at the ranch last night with large hail, but we got two inches of rain over the last 12 hours which was badly needed.  Hoping our roof is okay, glad the coach wasn't there for the hail!

John Canfield said:
Beautiful morning here in Moab, zero percent chance of rain today and for the next few days, we lead 7 Mile Rim trail today.  The Jeep was ready at 8 PM last night, Steve and an employee stayed three hours past quitting time to get us back on the trail  :) - those guys are wonderful!

We had a storm at the ranch last night with large hail, but we got two inches of rain over the last 12 hours which was badly needed.  Hoping our roof is okay, glad the coach wasn't there for the hail!

Are you not staying in your coach?  Where are you staying?

Mike.

John, we had hail last night and again early this morning.  Nothing larger than about 1/4" but it sure was noisy :)  Nice to see water in the creeks this morning.

We are back from a wonderful run rated  3.5 and called Tiptoe Behind the Rocks.  I will post some photos but first I must  post photos to the photo contest with a due date of 5 pm.  Glorious almost neon white colored snow on  the Mountains today. 

Fun day!

Hope you had good weather. We had beautiful blue skies this morning and black skies and thunderstorms this afternoon.

Back from the trail about 1/2 hour ago.  We had eight Jeeps (nine including us) behind us and it was a very good group, everything went quite well - nobody had any problems (and the trail leader - us - didn't get lost.)

The new axle worked great, got to try it out on the optional obstacle called Wipeout Hill.  That obstacle is a bit intimidating but I was first down and up.  It's a very steep descent at the start, then a shelf, then another not-quite-as--steep descent.  The climb back up (one way in, one way out) wasn't tricky at all - in this case the longer wheelbase is king.

Got some great video of Wipeout - it will be up in a few days.

A photos of our run today.

Attachments

• IMG_4031.JPG
    IMG_4031.JPG
    112.1 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_4068.JPG
    IMG_4068.JPG
    121.8 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_4071.JPG
    IMG_4071.JPG
    172.2 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_4075.JPG
    IMG_4075.JPG
    208 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_4078.JPG
    IMG_4078.JPG
    109.6 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_4094.JPG
    IMG_4094.JPG
    75.2 KB · Views: 29
Cool pictures Betty.  I especailly like the last one.  Those clouds look nasty.

Mike.

zmotorsports said:
Cool pictures Betty.  I especailly like the last one.  Those clouds look nasty.

Mike,  Thank you.  I entered this photo in the Club photo contest.  The gal running it called to ask me if I had one without the spot on sky.  I did not.  It is a chunk of mud on our windshield as I took this while Terry was driving on the run out the windshield. It is authentic!  We had  hail and showers right at dinner time, then it cleared.

I led 7 Mile Rim today - had a great time, only eight behind me, great group.  About half of the group did Wipeout hill led by yours truly :)  Tomorrow we do Poison Spider.

Attachments

• AirDown.jpg
    AirDown.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 24
  • DonCrack.jpg
    DonCrack.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 27
  • OffCamberPart.jpg
    OffCamberPart.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 26
  • PlayAreaDon.jpg
    PlayAreaDon.jpg