Installing a steering stabilizer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tom

Administrator
For an illustrated explanation of how I installed a Blue Ox True Center steering stabilizer on our Monaco Camelot, click on the Library button in the toolbar above, then select Tech topics and select Steering stabilizer installation.

Can't see the Library button? You need to register for an account and log into the forum.

The extensions themselves were el cheapo Ron, aka 'made in China'. I didn't really need them and attached the socket directly to the long bar, but still couldn't budge those nuts. The impact wrench was fast and easy. BTW I didn't mention they were 1 1/8 inch nuts.

Oops, forgot to include a photo of the switch. Done.

Thanks Terry. I'm taking lessons from Betty  :)

Interesting message and photos, Tom.  Looks like a job well done  ;D.

Thanks Don. I had some help, and Blue Ox makes it really easy.

I'll be interested to hear how your steering stabilizer works out for you. ???

Appeared to work fine on the short trip around the block Don. We'll be leaving on a trip shortly, so I'll let you know how it works out.

Tom,

I'd like to hear how it works out on those long freeway hauls where you are just crusing down the highway trying to stay in your own lane in heavy cross winds, etc.  ;D

That's what I bought it for Don  :) Chris does most of the driving, so I'll find out in a hurry if it's not working  :)

Tom said:
That's what I bought it for Don? :) Chris does most of the driving, so I'll find out in a hurry if it's not working? :)

Does that mean you may be reworking the Steering Stabilizer at Moab if your driver isn't happy with it. ??? ??? ;D ;D ;D

No need to rework it Ron. Just press the button to re-center it  ;D  On-the-road quick-fixes have a habit of being semi-permanent. Just today I finally got around to replacing the "temporary" electrical hookup I put on the front of the Burb at Moab last year.

Tom said:
No need to rework it Ron. Just press the button to re-center it? ;D? On-the-road quick-fixes have a habit of being semi-permanent. Just today I finally got around to replacing the "temporary" electrical hookup I put on the front of the Burb at Moab last year.

Aren't you kinda rushing replacement of the temporary fix Tom after all it hasn't even been a year yet. ;D ;D ;D ???

DonJordan said:
Tom,

I'd like to hear how it works out on those long freeway hauls where you are just crusing down the highway trying to stay in your own lane in heavy cross winds, etc.? ;D

Hi Don,
I put one on about 18 months ago and really like it. I just drove from Yuma to Palmdale on Saturday and had a pretty good crosswind on I-10 and I-15. Like Tom said, just steer into the wind and push the button and no more holding the wheel over, It just goes straight down the road. Blue Ox has a real winner IMHO.

Jerry ray

LOL Ron, I am getting a little ahead of myself  ;D

jerryarlyne said:
Hi Don,
I put one on about 18 months ago and really like it. I just drove from Yuma to Palmdale on Saturday and had a pretty good crosswind on I-10 and I-15. Like Tom said, just steer into the wind and push the button and no more holding the wheel over, It just goes straight down the road. Blue Ox has a real winner IMHO.

Jerry ray

Thanks for that info, Jerry.  I'm going to bee in Harrisburg, OR at the Monico repair facility to have a leaking slide-out fixed an the front end checked and adjusted in July.  I'll see how the cocach handles after the front end check/alignment.  I may possibly think about getting one of those Blue Ox steering stabilizers at that point.

There is a stabilzer called Howard that is excellent.  I think Ron M. Had one on his previous coach.  Maybe he can give some details.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freetoroam
Back
Top Bottom