Newcomers Adventure

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

martinday

hello everyone,

We had a great adventure the first time out in our new to us TT this weekend. When we got to the campground the slide would not work even with a fresh battery. After cranking on the manual nut for about an hour to get it out it decided to work. Next the air conditioner kept tripping the breaker and we smelled the sweet smell of burning wires behind the fuse panel. The grand finale was this morning though when the awning got jammed I had to spray some WD40 on it and it popped loose right into my window which was open due to the AC problem (see above).  The duct taped bag in the whole added a nice feature to the side of the trailer. All in all we had a great time though and were realizing just how much we enjoyed boating  :D. Oh did I mention the terrential down pour and resulting mud slide all weekend. We did however accomplish our goals though we spent time with our kids who had a great time and we got away from the daily grind! 8) I was not as happy
as my dealer this afternoon when I was waiting in the driveway when he arrived. ;)

Sound like a typical weekend of camping :)  We have all had those same things happen to us, not always at the same time, however.

martinday said:
We had a great adventure the first time out in our new to us TT this weekend.  We did however accomplish our goals though we spent time with our kids who had a great time and we got away from the daily grind!

Dear Martin,
Welcome to the world of RVing.  I think a positive attitude is the most  important thing to bring with you on any RV trip. 
All of the mishaps are to be expected and if no one is  injured it can be chalked up to a learning experience.  Your kids' lifelong  memories  of your trip are worth more  than your dealer can possibly offer!  Glad you had a good time and thank you for sharing!

Betty

The duct taped bag in the whole added a nice feature to the side of the trailer.

Martin:

Don't worry your kids will have many memorable hours telling about you breaking the window in years to come. ;D ;D

Well we are getting the trailer back tomorrow there was a loose
wire in the breaker box for the air conditioner. They also have my glass
fixed and If what they say is true I feel stupid that I had the hot water bypass swith on. Anyway good news if everything is true

Martin  Don't feel bad, after years of RVing and several MHs  This year at Quartsite I had the valve to the water shut off and until Kind Dave figured it out we had no water except our extra carry on.  Felt like the stupid idiot,  with me it's the age factor, I guess.  It happens to each and all of us somewhere down the line.  Glad you got it straightened out and happy RVing./

Many RVers have seen RV, the movie. They realize that it is well over the top but almost everything in that movie has happened to you or will happen ;D ;D

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freetoroam
Back
Top Bottom