Mini Rally In Denver

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Larry N.

Don and Mary Ann Nesbitt stopped by last night, and we had grilled steak and a very nice visit. It was a fun evening. Sorry about the poor picture quality, but I made the mistake of using my "phone"/pocket computer, instead of a decent camera.

Attachments

• Nesbitt Visit 052013_13_sm.jpg
    Nesbitt Visit 052013_13_sm.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 72
  • Nesbitt Visit 052013_14_sm.jpg
    Nesbitt Visit 052013_14_sm.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 63
Looks like a nice time. And here I am sitting in a church parking lot in Lakewood, CO waiting for the snow to melt at Steamboat Lake State Park so I can go volunteer.

Man!  Those Nussbaumers really know how to do a mini-rally!

Steaks, baked potatoes, asparagus, big yeast rolls, deviled eggs, salad, sliced fruit, all topped off with Mary Ann's own recipe for Peaches and Cream Cheesecake!  Whew!

We had a great time with lots of good conversation, the Larry topped off the evening by letting me fly his awesome flight simulator set-up. I wish I had taken a picture because you wouldn't believe the advanced controls he has to make flying the simulator more realistic!

Our thanks again to Larry and Mary Ann, the Host and Hostess with the mostess!

Don and Mary Ann

skyking4ar2 said:
How much advance notice does he require? and I need a picture of the sim.... C'mon, Larry, we're gonna miss ya this year at Moab!

Just drop us a note when you expect to be here, Kim, and if we're available we'd be happy to have you stop by.

As for the sim, it's Microsoft's FSX on a 21" monitor, with a TrackIR (on top of the monitor next to the chipmunk -- tracks head movement) and a Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog stick/throttle, with CH Pro pedals (just visible under the keyboard). Granted I've picked up some super add-on scenery and add-on aircraft for it.

Attachments

• FS_Warthog_Stick_sm.jpg
    FS_Warthog_Stick_sm.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 29
Howard R said:
??? What's the load range on those "Super Singles" Larry?    ???      ;D

Howard

They're the "Y" range, extra heavy duty tires, with added layers of Kevlar, Howard, specially designed for that unit.  ::) :eek: 8)

I wanta know how you keep all those ceramics on the shelves...... :eek:

Wavery said:
I wanta know how you keep all those ceramics on the shelves...... :eek:

It's partly due to the long, wide wheelbase, and partly due to the super-reactive, long travel air suspension system. But the main thing is that you're just seeing a holodeck back there, not real shelves or cabinets.  8)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MtnRV
Back
Top Bottom