FMCA 4-Wheeler rally - Moab Utah - topic merged

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sorry to hear that.  I prefer to read about those activities in the Rallies, Shows and Events Section.  I do not download the 4WD section.  I'm not interested in the nuts and bolts of 4Wing, but I am interested in what my forum friends are doing at other rallies in which they are participating, whether they be off road or quilt shows.  Betty effortlessly achieves a balance when she reports those activities.

Margi

John,

Your link takes me to a page that says something like the topic or board is missing or restricted.
ken

I fixed the link Ken. I noticed it last night while reading on the tablet, and made a mental note to fix it when I got to my computer, but forgot until I saw your message  :-[

Ken - the 'rally' is all about 4x4 wheeling and not your typical RV gathering where socializing is a primary activity, we socialize but that's an adjunct to wheeling.

John,

I guess we're just the opposite - our 4-wheeling (more like off roading) is really to socialize and enjoy the peace and beauty of the back country.

ken

Well when I suggested to John that topics merge, I only had the intention of one place to see the events of this FMCA Rally.  I certainly did not intend to start any kind of a discussion issue.  Sorry Margi, I did not realize that you wouldn't have been downloading the 4 Wheeling section.  Live and learn...

So today is a " day off" from the schedued runs and I plan to hit  Hogans. ( You know the big gift shop) John would you like a ride over there!  :)

Betty Brewer said:
.. So today is a " day off" from the schedued runs and I plan to hit  Hogans. ( You know the big gift shop) John would you like a ride over there!  :)
I need to pass Betty, thanks though.  I'm one of the Volunteer Examiners for the Ham testing today, so I better hang around.

I would suggest posting a summary of those outings here with a link to the topic on the 4 wheeling board for those that want the details.

Betty,

I'm with Margi and Ken on this.  Your commentary about the events is much more interesting because, even though I enjoy four wheeling, the nuts and bolts stuff doesn't really interest me and I seldom look at the four wheeling board.  The content of the two topics didn't overlap all that much - perhaps just needed different subject lines.  Please do keep up your separate commentary, Betty.

ArdraF

Maybe it's time to let the forum staff decide where discussions reside (or get moved to), which is what we've done for 20 years. In this case, Betty and John, both forum staffers, agreed to merge two topics and that should have been sufficient for folks.

Forum staff merge/split/move topics every day, and have discussions in the back room about some of them, but rarely do we have this kind of dissent. FWIW I think Ned's suggestion was a good one that should eliminate the need for further discussion on this topic.

Meanwhile, let's get back to enjoying the forum.

Thursday is a "day off" from the trail runs.  Experts in the  fields hold seminars ranging from GPS and Tablet  navigation, to First Aid AED. to Ham radio operations and even Geocaching.  I slept in.  I did not  get any of the pancakes at the free pancake breakfast.

I did go to Wendy's for lunch, made a quick  stop ( no purchases) at Hogan's and  looked a the paint job on a  Country Coach recently repainted. I did  listen to a panel of experts answer questions so when Terry wants something new for the Jeep I might now  know what he wants....something about a tummy tuck!

Portal provided a wonderful free hamburger, coleslaw, bean and cookie dinner tonight.  Many, many  door prizes were  won but not by me.  The wind came up and it got chilly so I ran home to have hot tea and make sandwiches for lunch tomorrow.  We  will go on a 3.5 rated trail and hopefully I will have some exciting photos to share.  I am going to enter the photo contest so wish me Luck.  I was a loser in the poker run!

I forget why this is all fun?  I do not win.....But I play and enjoy!

BB

Time for me to call time out. An email I received from a long time forum member IMHO crosses the line in attacking both my message and forum staff. I'm locking this topic, and will rely on Betty and John to post appropriate messages on appropriate boards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom