Daughter & co. looking for Disney, FL house rental

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dougie Brown

Eldest daughter has asked me to enquire about the possibility of her, her partner and his three young girls renting a place near Disneyworld, FL for a week or 10 days next summer (2014).  She lives in the UK, and money is tight.

Any suggestions will be appreciated. :)  Thanks.

Dougie.

I've always used VRBO.com whenever we've needed places to rent.  We've rented on the beach, on a golf course, and in the mountains.  VRBO is Vacation Rentals By Owner.  Give it a look over.  I always preferred dealing directly with an owner rather than a property manager and the accomodations have always been better than we could have gotten in a hotel and the price was better.

Our winter home is located six miles from the Disney gates. The surrounding neighborhoods have, literally, hundreds of short term rental homes available. Many of them are owned and rented by people who live in the UK, and there are probably several UK rental agencies that specialize in them. If you do a Google search for short term rentals near Disneyworld you will get a lot of hits. Here is one example http://www.vrbo.com/vacation-rentals/usa/florida/central-disney-orlando. We, sometimes, rent a home nearby for a week when a gaggle of relatives descends on us.

Dougie Brown said:
Eldest daughter has asked me to enquire about the possibility of her, her partner and his three young girls renting a place near Disneyworld, FL for a week or 10 days next summer (2014).  She lives in the UK, and money is tight.
Your daughter is flying from the UK and spending 10 days at Disney World and money is tight????? Boy is she in for a shock. Has she priced things at Disney World like admission, food and souvenirs?

Thanks for the vrbo links.  I'll look into those.

SeilerBird said:
Your daughter is flying from the UK and spending 10 days at Disney World and money is tight????? Boy is she in for a shock. Has she priced things at Disney World like admission, food and souvenirs?

Yes she has, and yes, money is tight.  Trying to reduce costs is essential, and accommodation is one of the big items.  It's actually a sacrifice for her & her partner to bring the kids over, and knowing her, I'm sure they'll be able to reduce costs in other ways too, like being able to resist buying a load of tat from souvenir stalls.

I'm sure the experience would be much different and may not be what your daughter wants, but has she considered Disneyland in Paris?  I have no idea what accomodation costs might be, but one could drive there from the UK instead of flying.  Just thinking...

Molaker said:
I'm sure the experience would be much different and may not be what your daughter wants, but has she considered Disneyland in Paris?  I have no idea what accomodation costs might be, but one could drive there from the UK instead of flying.  Just thinking...

It's a reasonable question, but I can't answer it as I don't know.  Personally, Florida -v- Paris for Brits with kids is a no-contest, but your point is a good one in consideration of costs.

Dougie.

Back
Top Bottom